Time to un-vacate 2005-2007 on field victories and un-forfeit the 1993 season?

Will more on field results be restored in the record books?

• Yes, it's time

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • No, the NCAA won't bother

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
Now that the precedent has been set with Reggie Bush getting his Heisman back, will the NCAA go back and restore on field results that were vacated or forfeited due to rules determined to be unconstitutional by the 2021 Supreme Court decision?

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
Maybe schools that lost scholarships should get reparations in the form of extra scholarships for the number of years they lost them.
Yea I doubt that would happen, but you could argue for a class action civil case of universities against the NCAA. Bankrupt it and start new ...

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Now that the precedent has been set with Reggie Bush getting his Heisman back, will the NCAA go back and restore on field results that were vacated or forfeited due to rules determined to be unconstitutional by the 2021 Supreme Court decision?
If I recall correctly, wasn't part of the deal with Bush that boosters either bought or rented a mansion for his family to live in?

Would that be legal under the current NIL process?

Does it even matter anymore?

Reactions: dtgreg

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
And weren't those wins forfeited because players were selling their books back to the book store...books that were provided to them as part of their scholarship?

What a horrendously egregious thing for them to do.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
While you are at it, DAC , give Reggie his heisman back. He was the most dynamic player on the field that year.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Might be a good time for the NCAA to try and make a few friends (outside of the B1G). Vacating wins over minor things was a stupid idea from the beginning. Falsified records don't erase on-field achievements but they do negatively impact the integrity of the sport under that governing organization.

The biggest winner? Well, it's that school that has gone totally unpunished for some of the most egregious violations I've seen in my 60+ years. I guess cheating to gain a competitive advantage is no longer even an afterthought at the NCAA.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Retroactive application of standards is rarely a good idea. What he did was illegal at the time. Three jeers for the Heisman Trust...
Either way, he was the winner of the popularity contest known as the Heisman Trophy...... :rolleyes:

Bama_N_Va

All-SEC
Aug 16, 2017
Agreed!

I wish the NZAA would explain how selling textbooks gave us a competitive advantage... :unsure:
It allowed future recruits and players the opportunity to get an education and, and this is the key point here......., be able to actually read!!!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
While we're at it, let's go ahead and claim those NC's we were robbed of. Revisionist history is all the rage and apparently now O.K.! ... because... change.

Add back wins, add back scholarships that have been taken away because it's now ok to pay players and somebody somewhere supposedly paid a DL that never played for us $100k. Shouldn't we, of all schools, be allowed to reclaim those scholarships? Thus, we should have those 30 + the 25 we normally would have, to give away this year. Fair is fair.

Reactions: Krymsonman

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads