BREAKING Tommy Rees hired as OC

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
And should change, by whatever means necessary...................Maybe Steele will change that
I'd like that too, As long as we recognize that when we go up against a freak like kyle Pitts or whoever that Ohio state guy was that was single handedly tearing up Georgia before he got hurt, we can only do so much. As much as people Heap praise on Kirby smart for his defenses at Georgia. They have giving up 40 points or more at some point in the last 3 seasons. Thats just kind of football now. Not saying we shouldn't be striving for a better defense as much as possible...Just saying.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I'd like that too, As long as we recognize that when we go up against a freak like kyle Pitts or whoever that Ohio state guy was that was single handedly tearing up Georgia before he got hurt, we can only do so much. As much as people Heap praise on Kirby smart for his defenses at Georgia. They have giving up 40 points or more at some point in the last 3 seasons. Thats just kind of football now. Not saying we shouldn't be striving for a better defense as much as possible...Just saying.
I agree. Hopefully Alabama will have a tight end that can give their defense something to worry about,

Reactions: Tidelines

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
If he is planning to utilize the TE, we better it the portal becuase I'm not aware of any TEs we have on the roster who are game changers...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think offensively it is time for us to "pivot" back to (as Greg McElroy said) a "downhill running game with play action passing" as our OL's have gotten less and less physical over the last several years. I also believe the defensive landscape of college football is very ripe to go back to implementing more of a "power running" offense as A LOT of defenses have gotten lighter and faster and to do that they have given up size. But regardless of the type of offense, we have to do A LOT better on first downs and of all the issues BOB had with the offense, losing first down seemed to be a very common problem that impacted the rest of the series.

One of Rees' fortes is supposed to be developing strong offensive lines and that is exactly what we need to fix. We need to get back to fundamentally sound blocking and consistently winning the LOS.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Should be a real interesting and challenging season ahead. If successful , it will be very rewarding. That is the kind of season I like best. When everyone counts you out and you prove them wrong.

Reactions: SkullDuckery

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
But regardless of the type of offense, we have to do A LOT better on first downs and of all the issues BOB had with the offense, losing first down seemed to be a very common problem that impacted the rest of the series.

One of Rees' fortes is supposed to be developing strong offensive lines and that is exactly what we need to fix. We need to get back to fundamentally sound blocking and consistently winning the LOS.
I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but that was my #1 gripe with BOB. And what got us into second and long all year long was usually the result of a terribly executed run play on first down.

If Rees can do one thing better it's fixing our ability to run on first down. Getting the big nasties to play like it again! I think he will and I think we'll also see a return to a very effective play-action pass game as well.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but that was my #1 gripe with BOB. And what got us into second and long all year long was usually the result of a terribly executed run play on first down.

If Rees can do one thing better it's fixing our ability to run on first down. Getting the big nasties to play like it again! I think he will and I think we'll also see a return to a very effective play-action pass game as well.
And you were completely justified to be the broken record because in most cases how a team does on first downs dictate the rest of the downs. "Losing" first down also reduces what the defense has to defend by a significant margin. We had too many 2nd & 8+ and 2nd & 10+ with BOB.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
And you were completely justified to be the broken record because in most cases how a team does on first downs dictate the rest of the downs. "Losing" first down also reduces what the defense has to defend by a significant margin. We had too many 2nd & 8+ and 2nd & 10+ with BOB.
I really like 2 and 5 much better...A 20 yard run followed by 3 no yards or 1-2 yards doesn't work.

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I really like 2 and 5 much better...A 20 yard run followed by 3 no yards or 1-2 yards doesn't work.
I like 1st and 10 the best...over and over and over until TD!

Seriously, there's no rule that states you have to get into 3rd down situation at all. I genuinely don't think BOB understood this because he's such an NFL-minded person.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.