What are your top 5 favorite iconic uniforms in sports?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
1. Alabama football
2. Notre Dame football (only the standard uniforms. None of the hideous "shamrock" series unis).
3. Ohio State football (only the standard uniform, with buckeye helmet stickers. none of the alternates).
4. Oklahoma football (again, only the standards. No alternates).
5. Oakland/LA/Vegas Raiders

6. Dallas Cowboys (white jerseys, which they wear most of the time anyway).
7. New York Yankees
8. USC Trojans (gray facemasks)
9. Michigan football (its unfortunate, but they do have iconic duds)
10. Pittsburgh Steelers

Reactions: OSUTideFan and Con

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Tough question, I will try to do it by sport.

CFB - Alabama Crimson Tide, runner up Notre Dame Fighting Irish
NCAAB - North Carolina Tar Heels, runner up UCLA Bruins
NFL - Dallas Cowboys, runner up Green Bay Packers
NBA - Boston Celtics, runner up Los Angeles Lakers
MLB - New York Yankees, runner up Boston Red Sox

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The worst were the old 1980s Penn State road uniforms - all white with dull blue colors.

They were horrendous on television.

Btw - you'd say, "Well, the color is dull because that was 40 years ago." No, that's exactly what it looked like that day. Rarely will you see a game turn on a dime like that one did. It was the early game on the day Coach Bryant won his 315th game in the afternoon.

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
I decided to be more non team specific per se and just pick and formulate more of general type sport genre. #1 is it the rest I had to really think about because of the request for 5 favorites.

1. University of Alabama all sports.
2. Lingerie Football League
3. Womens Beach Volleyball or just any women’s volleyball.
4. Playboy Playmates Bunny Uniforms or if it has to be a sport then their touch bowl fluff football championship.
5. Most any teams cheerleaders. (Exception The Longest Yard) *other exceptions may need to be added hence most 😂😂😂

Did an extra if bunnies got the boot lol.

6. The refs uniforms are pretty iconic and definitely pertain to sports.

Not being serious, except for #1 selection, strictly for humor purposes only so if anyone feels it is inappropriate I apologize in advance and please just request and I will take it down. Maybe I did some of the more outrageous non conventional sports uniforms but the request was for a top 5 favorites so I would have been 4 short lol.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The worst were the old 1980s Penn State road uniforms - all white with dull blue colors.

They were horrendous on television.

Btw - you'd say, "Well, the color is dull because that was 40 years ago." No, that's exactly what it looked like that day. Rarely will you see a game turn on a dime like that one did. It was the early game on the day Coach Bryant won his 315th game in the afternoon.
You want to talk about an eyesore game.

7B2D0738-599C-48CA-A32A-668445475DD3.jpeg

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It goes without saying that Alabama is #1 of all time. So I will list my top 5 outside of Alabama:
1. tOSU (excluding the alternative solid red or solid black unis)
2. LSU (white jerseys only, no alternative unis)
3. Ole Miss (Only original Navy blue jerseys and helmets, gray pants red/blue stripes)
4. North Carolina Tarheels basketball unis
5. Los Angeles Dodgers

Reactions: OSUTideFan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.