What do you think will happen with Pruitt?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Personally I think that Fulmer will let Pruitt coach through the Bama game and then dismiss him. I think that will be the perfect situation as far as kickback from anyone who would still want Pruitt as coach. Do you agree?

rtr

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The sooner they fire him the sooner he can come home. So, I hope that he is fired and comes back asap.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
It is pretty much when he gets fired instead of if he gets fired. Hate it for the guy but he probalby should have thought better of going around that dumpster fire in the first place.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I check in on volfans from time to time to see what's going on there in light of the vast wasteland UT football has become. As you'd expect, the names for replacement of CJP is scattered all over the map. They are bandying around every winning or marginally winning coach out there. Thay WANT Myer, Stoops, Miles, Riecht, and believe it or not, CLK (??!!). Fulmer inserting himself as HC (a la Alverez at Wisky) is possible. Lots of folks there support this scenario. They' re desperate, remember. Likely Pruitt will be given until after next season when his buyout shrinks a bit to produce some progress. But who knows. Personally I want Fulmer to stay as AD to sustain their misery longer. What will happen? Who knows. That team and fanbase is scorched earth right now. :p_green:

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Personally I think that Fulmer will let Pruitt coach through the Bama game and then dismiss him. I think that will be the perfect situation as far as kickback from anyone who would still want Pruitt as coach. Do you agree?

rtr
I don't think he'll fire him after our game, only because everyone fully expects us to slaughter them.

Now if they lose to UAB..... that might just be the excuse Fulmer is looking for.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I don't know that source, but poor Pruitt. I will say this about CJP, everything I have heard him say or do has been on the up and up. He wants to do things the right way, and that fact alone has pretty much made it impossible for him to stick around K'ville.

rtr

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not that they need help with bad recruiting right now, but this will actually make it worse. Gotta love how dumb people are who are in charge of these schools.
For Pruitt, it makes it clear. He is gone. Time for him to do the same thing - start planning for his future.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We win it last year if he’s running the defense.
I said that last year during the game. Your 3rd down defense was very predictable against Clemson, and they ate you up. With Pruitt, that doesn't happen. I don't know if you win or not, but you don't lose by 28 with Pruitt.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I believe they are going to give him the end of this season. They MUST win a conference game, or next season is very much in doubt. He's not getting canned halfway through the year. Next season, assuming he survives, and wins one conference game in 2019, he will be subject to dismissal at any moment the wheels appear to have come off. They aren't "off" at the moment, as hard as that is to believe. I think they can beat Vanderbilt or Kentucky, but not both, and they will likely lose to UAB. That's been a bad sign for coaches in the SEC, but Orgeron survived it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.