Woman arrested for assaulting man wearing MAGA hat on Cape Cod

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Nah, I do know a few folks who do support Trump - bought everything hook, line, and sinker - but are not racist at all. Nor are they provocative. They just support him and what they think he's wanting to achieve.
Otherwise known as - not racist but perfectly fine supporting racism or to whom racism isn't a deal breaker and at that point it's not that big of a difference.

Regardless, even if the guy was wearing a Nazi hat I'd defend this right to wear it without people feeling its okay to resort to violence. She was the only person who broke the law here, and we need to remain focused on that, imo.

Suggesting he was asking for it is no different than suggesting the girl in the short skirt was asking for it.
I have said she was more in the wrong. However if you wear a swastika or a klan robe or the more modern MAGA hat version out I'm not going to feel sorry for you if something happens to you. And I'm also not going to feel sorry for them if the people that made something happen get in trouble as well. As for the short skirt thing, I knew someone would go for that line but it is very different.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Otherwise known as - not racist but perfectly fine supporting racism or to whom racism isn't a deal breaker and at that point it's not that big of a difference.
Just because some people view it as racist doesn't mean it is.

I'd not wear one (for multiple reasons), but I don't assume someone wearing a hat is racist, just as I don't assume someone with a confederate flag hat is racist.

You are, of course, free to assume whatever you wish, but that doesn't mean it's fact.

I have said she was more in the wrong. However if you wear a swastika or a klan robe or the more modern MAGA hat version out I'm not going to feel sorry for you if something happens to you. And I'm also not going to feel sorry for them if the people that made something happen get in trouble as well.
AFAIK no kne has asked you to feel sorry for anyone. All I'm asking for is justice, and that's what we see happening here.

As for the short skirt thing, I knew someone would go for that line but it is very different.
Not really. Ultimately, what someone chooses to wear does not mean the boundaries of the law change - you cannot assault someone simply because you don't like what they're wearing (or find it suggestive).

It's interesting how many people I've seen express views about this man without evening knowing him, some even supporting the woman (also without knowing her). I'm not placing you in that category, but I do find it telling how many people allow their hatred to color what justice actually looks like.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I guess this whole thing is why I've found myself leaning libertarian for so long - AFAIC, a person has the right to do whatever they wish until is impinges upon another's rights.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I guess this whole thing is why I've found myself leaning libertarian for so long - AFAIC, a person has the right to do whatever they wish until is impinges upon another's rights.
I'm pretty liberal(and a registered Democrat) and I agree with you on this FWIW.

Don't think I agree with the short skirt analogy but that's a relatively minor point.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I'd not wear one (for multiple reasons), but I don't assume someone wearing a hat is racist, just as I don't assume someone with a confederate flag hat is racist.

You are, of course, free to assume whatever you wish, but that doesn't mean it's fact.

AFAIK no kne has asked you to feel sorry for anyone. All I'm asking for is justice, and that's what we see happening here.

Not really. Ultimately, what someone chooses to wear does not mean the boundaries of the law change - you cannot assault someone simply because you don't like what they're wearing (or find it suggestive).

It's interesting how many people I've seen express views about this man without evening knowing him, some even supporting the woman (also without knowing her). I'm not placing you in that category, but I do find it telling how many people allow their hatred to color what justice actually looks like.
Which is exactly why I stand behind my claim that most who dive into these conversations as hard as they do really aren't interested in fairness.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Lol at people triggered by a hat. Mind your business; keep your hands to yourself.
to be fair, i am more triggered by the kind of man who thinks a moronic drunk chick giving him crap about wearing a hat in a bar and knocking that hat off rises to the level of assault or violence

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
She committed battery when she put her hands on him. No issues if she minds her business.
i have no qualms with that. but its a dumb ass drunk chick doing dumb ass drunk chick things. throw her in jail for all i care. but unless there is more to this than was shown in that video, he is a whiny lady part for whining about being assaulted.

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Possibly, but I tend to agree with CA in that it's about hate.
Going by what I've read here, and on FB, and in conversations from people I know, I see it as "my tribe is noble and good; your tribe are Nazis" kind of thing. And Nazis are worthy of hatred, so hating the other tribe is noble and good. Oh, and a red hat is a Nazi symbol and the person wearing it can be justifiably punched.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
i have no qualms with that. but its a dumb ass drunk chick doing dumb ass drunk chick things. throw her in jail for all i care. but unless there is more to this than was shown in that video, he is a whiny lady part for saying that he was assaulted.
Maybe. Don't care enough about him to have an opinion either way.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

It's all the racism that keeps giving it away as racist. Not my fault that they keep telling me what they are and I listen. I'm not going to assume that every single person with a Confederate flag is racist because I know a lot of the same types of people you know, but it's going to increase the odds exponentially and that's also because I know a lot of those types of people.

I recall a thread here a while back where a father assaulted a man in court for doing something bad to his child. I don't really remember anyone talking about how they should throw the book at the guy and pretty much everyone was on the same page about how they should go easy on him. IMO things that revolve around race & hate are far more closer to something like that than to a woman being raped because she had the nerve to dress up and feel good about herself and looks. It's still not a perfect analogy but it's far closer than the short skirt.

While 'keep your hands to yourself' is a simple way to distill the message (and I have no problem with that message even while not feeling sorry for the people out trying to provoke a reaction that get more of a reaction than they expect) my quibble with the short skirt statement is just that they aren't in the same ballpark as what happened to this guy.

It tends to be about winning one for the tribe.
Going by what I've read here, and on FB, and in conversations from people I know, I see it as "my tribe is noble and good; your tribe are Nazis" kind of thing. And Nazis are worthy of hatred, so hating the other tribe is noble and good. Oh, and a red hat is a Nazi symbol and the person wearing it can be justifiably punched.
I was thinking about the "I have too many important things to care about and don't have time to care about unimportant things" tribe, but your version is more manageable word-wise.
To be fair, it seems that you're more in the "assign people into tribes" tribe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.