BREAKING Yet More Woes for LSU (and Orgeron)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

We're pretty much at "raze it to the ground and salt the earth" territory at this point.
So just to get this straight……they fired the last guy and he later got fired for sexual misconduct for what he did at LSU and replaced him with a guy who is now named in a “failed to report a rape” allegation suit?

Meanwhile, the last guy before those two has spent the last 14 years beating the brains they don’t have in.

Did I forget anything?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So just to get this straight……they fired the last guy and he later got fired for sexual misconduct for what he did at LSU and replaced him with a guy who is now named in a “failed to report a rape” allegation suit?

Meanwhile, the last guy before those two has spent the last 14 years beating the brains they don’t have in.

Did I forget anything?
Other than having “The Merry Go Round Broke Down” theme music from Looney Tunes playing in the background, you pretty much nail it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Somebody tell me again how LSU is going to rebound this season.

This is Gene Chizik redux. And I hate even saying that as a comparison because by all accounts Chizik is a really cool dude.
Orgeron = Chizik , but lacking the character.

And intelligence.

Orgeron might be the dumbest human I've ever seen achieve a HC position at a major university. And I'm not exaggerating - listen to him 'speak' - even when you can understand what he's saying you can tell he's dumber than a bag of hammers.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

And intelligence.

Orgeron might be the dumbest human I've ever seen achieve a HC position at a major university. And I'm not exaggerating - listen to him 'speak' - even when you can understand what he's saying you can tell he's dumber than a bag of hammers.
Orgeron is the special type of stupid that would pick up the phone, call Art Briles and ask him for advice.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

And intelligence.

He’s essentially Mike Shula: state hero, done good outside the state, came home and got a national title (in spite of his best efforts), and now he’s setting the football program back a millennia or so. We have the added bonus of watching him destroy the University as well.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He’s essentially Mike Shula: state hero, done good outside the state, came home and got a national title (in spite of his best efforts), and now he’s setting the football program back a millennia or so. We have the added bonus of watching him destroy the University as well.
But Mike Shula isn't a stupid human.

If not for football, Orgeron would probably be living under a bridge somewhere. I'm not attacking the man, I'm simply emphasizing the fact that's he's remarkably unintelligent.

Not a championship coach, despite his blindly falling into one in 2019.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
But Mike Shula isn't a stupid human.

If not for football, Orgeron would probably be living under a bridge somewhere. I'm not attacking the man, I'm simply emphasizing the fact that's he's remarkably unintelligent.

Not a championship coach, despite his blindly falling into one in 2019.
Tell us what you really think! LOL. He's more of a DuBose than Shula for sure.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously - has Orgeron done anything to make you believe he's anything other than a moron?

The fact that a premier football program in the SEC has hired him (and kept him) is depressing to me.
I know I attack the sports media's intelligence a lot but they deserve it. And it's telling how most of them fawn over this clown.

And LSU continues to employ Will Wade. Whatever I think of Tennessee and Auburn's past, present, and future, LSU is without a doubt the slimiest program in the conference.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I got into an argument in YouTube comments with some moron that said “Orgeron is easily one of the best coaches in the country.” And yes, he was totally serious. He’s not even one of the best coaches in the division, let alone the country. It genuinely makes me angry that a man like Orgeron is even allowed to have such a prestigious and lucrative job. I would not want him representing my university.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I got into an argument in YouTube comments with some moron that said “Orgeron is easily one of the best coaches in the country.” And yes, he was totally serious. He’s not even one of the best coaches in the division, let alone the country. It genuinely makes me angry that a man like Orgeron is even allowed to have such a prestigious and lucrative job. I would not want him representing my university.
hell, he's probably not the best coach on staff at lsu

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Understandably, I suppose, but no comments from LSUgradbamadad. I personally enjoy his posts. Some pretty harsh comments here regarding the program in general and Orgeron in particular. Would be interested in his thoughts on the current state of affairs in BR.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Understandably, I suppose, but no comments from LSUgradbamadad. I personally enjoy his posts. Some pretty harsh comments here regarding the program in general and Orgeron in particular. Would be interested in his thoughts on the current state of affairs in BR.
Met him at the TF meeting in 2018, and he's a great guy.

I can feel sympathy for good fans of programs that go haywire (even if LSU does seem to have a number of obnoxious ones).

Plus, he saw how B1G Tide got really put into a no-win situation when he spoke up about the Urban Meyer thing with Zach Smith. There's nothing you can say that some fan somewhere isn't going to swoop down like a vulture and pick the answer apart. If you try to bring rationale to some of these things - no matter how well-intended - you get blistered up one side and down the other.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm not taking up for Yaw Yaw because he doesn't seem to be terribly bright, but he has been head coach at USCw, Ole Miss, and LSU. He has been hired by Lane Kiffen, Sean Payton, and Les Miles. He was retained by Pete Carroll.

Somebody sees something I don't see.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I'm not taking up for Yaw Yaw because he doesn't seem to be terribly bright, but he has been head coach at USCw, Ole Miss, and LSU. He has been hired by Lane Kiffen, Sean Payton, and Les Miles. He was retained by Pete Carroll.

Immature coaches are hired because not yet mature players can relate to them. They are considered a recruiting asset.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I agree Go Bama. Orgeron's reputation has been built on being an ace recruiter, not a great teacher or game day coach. I think a lot of his career progression has been being at the right place at the right time which could account for some of his success. In the end though he will still have to prove he can sustain a successful program which I do not believe he can. Just speculation, but IMO the next HC at LSU will be Lane Kiffin who will in turn retain Orgeron in some capacity.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.