What's the best annual SEC game most years that doesn't involve Alabama?

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
Tennessee - Florida - sure was when Peyton went up against Spurrier. Can't spell Citrus with UT.
Florida - Georgia - the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party - seems like most years it's pretty clear cut who the favorite is.
LSU - Florida - Death Valley vs. the Swamp

Others? Which annual SEC game that doesn't involve Alabama would you pick as the most interesting and the best game most years?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
There have been some wild Ole Miss v Arky that have been very entertaining.

[video=youtube;f66Lk3lBdH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=f66Lk3lBdH4[/video]

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The one where both teams lose....

But if I had to chose Missouri and Vanderbilt and its because I don't care of the result

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
From an excitement standpoint, the semi-rivalry of Vandy vs. Ole Miss has been supremely entertaining. Vandy is always way more competitive than their usual showing for that game, and really, Vandy is just one of those teams that loses so much, watching them win gives me that "Well good for them!" feeling. Vandy will vandy themselves sometime through the season, but that showdown with Ole Miss, you can really see, for one week, their true potential as a team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For me, Auburn - Georgia & Florida - Georgia.Those games seem to be highly competitive every year. I also like the TN-Vandy game and the Egg Bowl.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I have to go with Auburn vs. Georgia. I know they only played each other a couple of times but seeing Bo Jackson on one side of the field and Herschel Walker on the other side was something else back in the early 80's.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
The problem with that game is you don't 'root' for either team to win ,do you?
I sure do, always rooting for an AU loss. And in most years, the last two excepted, UGA hasn't usually been in position to benefit from the win - as in being in contention for the SEC East title - so no harm in them winning. ;)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Ole Miss - Mississippi State.

Not often great teams, and even less often influences a championship of any kind. But for spectacular dysfunctionality, internecine hate, and pure-d wierdness, it's hard to top.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.