Link: Lets get ready for BAMA in the ESPN Invitational Nov. 25, 26 & 28

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
I'm just going to go ahead and say it and let the chips fall where they may:

This team has final four potential if they take a blue collar approach to consistency and improvement over the course of the season.

I can only remember two teams in my lifetime you might be able to say that about at this point in the season (although there was another when I was about 5 years old): The 1982 squad NC knocked out and the 1987 squad Providence sidelined. Some other teams were good and probably should have made the final four but those are two of the overall best teams at Alabama that I can remember.

Let the mocking begin.
If you're right, the key difference is the head coach. For today's game, based on fundamentals, game theory/strategy, and in-game, I can't believe there's a better fit at Alabama than CNO...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Tourney recap thoughts: 2-1 is acceptable.

Losing to Iona was simply a bad loss. Just played badly. It happens. No need to over-react.

What I liked in the Miami game is the team looked like they started to develop some offensive chemistry and (for the first time this year) looked in sync in the second half with the in and out game and 3 point shooting.

CNO teams also draw energy from defensive intensity. Finally started to see some of that too!

If JD can limit the silly turnovers and distribute the ball like that it will allow JQ to play the #2 spot and that's a good thing since JQ's the better shooter from the 3 point line. With JD it seemed the inside-out game started popping with passes to CB in the paint and then passing back out for wide-open looks from 3.

IMO, that's the CNO system at its best. First few games had waaaay too much one and one, dribbling and driving trying to draw fouls. We are best when we get the wide-open kick out looks from 3. Hit 'em like we did in the second half against Miami and the sky is the limit!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm just going to go ahead and say it and let the chips fall where they may:

This team has final four potential if they take a blue collar approach to consistency and improvement over the course of the season.

I can only remember two teams in my lifetime you might be able to say that about at this point in the season (although there was another when I was about 5 years old): The 1982 squad NC knocked out and the 1987 squad Providence sidelined. Some other teams were good and probably should have made the final four but those are two of the overall best teams at Alabama that I can remember.

Let the mocking begin.
You are dead on with this. They have a GREAT opportunity to have a heck of a run in the SEC and a deep run in the tourney. The main thing is just developing that mindset to go out and dominate each team they play. My only concerns with this team is hoping they don't try to ride off of last years teams success and thinking they just have to show up. Establishing consistent leadership. The formula and the talent is there so I look forward to seeing what they can accomplish this season.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
You know, the '90-91 and '91-92 squads in retrospect should have won it all. Each had four future NBA players, but I never knew Sprewell could score until he got into the NBA. I thought at the time maybe he needed glasses. Looking back maybe it was Wimp who needed them. :D I like that Oats lets them shoot.
Sprewell was on the SEC all-defense team in his senior year (91-92) but he also scored 17.8 per game. Robinson had 19.4 and Horry 15.8 in the same season. Sprewell didn't score so much his first year as a JUCO transfer but was a pretty big scorer in his second year.

That team could run and score when Coach Sanderson would let them.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Sprewell was on the SEC all-defense team in his senior year (91-92) but he also scored 17.8 per game. Robinson had 19.4 and Horry 15.8 in the same season. Sprewell didn't score so much his first year as a JUCO transfer but was a pretty big scorer in his second year.

That team could run and score when Coach Sanderson would let them.
The Arkansas games were epic up and down the court games with a lot of NBA players on the court.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.