GA Fan view of the game

Carollovestide

Scout Team
Dec 6, 2019
I’ve kept my mouth shut for the most part as I have quite a few very close friends that are Jawga die hards …… they seem totally oblivious to just how fortunate they were to get the win …. All I heard after the SEC Championship was “ we didn’t show up “ ….. they simply can’t accept that their historic team got the crap beat out of them …..nevertheless…. We lost and I’m can’t wait to see our boys next year ….. I also can’t wait to see how disappointed Jawga will be when their team is no longer “ historic “ and their big heads get them in trouble !!!! No way they win it again ……

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I’ve kept my mouth shut for the most part as I have quite a few very close friends that are Jawga die hards …… they seem totally oblivious to just how fortunate they were to get the win …. All I heard after the SEC Championship was “ we didn’t show up “ ….. they simply can’t accept that their historic team got the crap beat out of them …..nevertheless…. We lost and I’m can’t wait to see our boys next year ….. I also can’t wait to see how disappointed Jawga will be when their team is no longer “ historic “ and their big heads get them in trouble !!!! No way they win it again ……
I agree!

Coach Saban had to deal with complacency in 2010 , and we all know how disappointing the season was with the talent and expectations that we all had... :rolleyes:

We'll see how Kirbs deals with that.:cool:

Reactions: teamplayer

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
I'll try to put aside my bias of being a GA fan and try to be objective as possible on the game.

Alabama:
- Losing Jameson Williams really hurt the offense. After receivers started dropping passes, BY lost confidence in his receivers and started to press.
- I thought Alabama should have worked the ground game more while you guys were up, especially with WRs struggling.
- BY is legit! We had so much pressure on him all night but he made great throws with defenders on his face taking hit after hit. He earned my respect, you guys got a great QB.
- Will Anderson is a stud, most feared defender I've seen this year.
- AL played too many close games this year. It finally caught up to them.

Georgia:
- As a GA fan, I wanted Smart to put in JT Daniels. Bennett always makes bone head mistakes (Pick 6 with SEC Championship, Lost fumble / Incompletion review in this game). He is not good enough to make these mistakes. If GA had BY and AL had SB, GA would have blown out AL.
- I hear many AL fans complaining about injuries and they are true and impacted the game. However, GA had injuries and missing player all season long. Adam Anderson (best pass rusher) suspended for season. George Picken (best receiver) not full speed after ACL in spring. Arian Smith (out), their faster receiver. Christopher Smith our starting safety (out in SEC championship). Point is, injury is part of the game.
- GA won the national championship despite having Bennett as our QB. Overall, GA was a better team, with a decent QB, GA would have been the better team by far, I believe.
- GA's first true close game was in the national championship and we won by 15 points. Of course we got blown out in SEC C too.
You sound like a girl with daddy issues. Are there any happy geo fans anywhere because I have never heard a fan base more fixated with explaining and trying to justify a game they won. It’s almost like you, your fans, and coaches know that the win comes with an asstrick or is it an asterisk. Maybe you could go post on the oregon boards and see if kayvon has an answer or explanation for your needs.

Carollovestide

Scout Team
Dec 6, 2019
You sound like a girl with daddy issues. Are there any happy geo fans anywhere because I have never heard a fan base more fixated with explaining and trying to justify a game they won. It’s almost like you, your fans, and coaches know that the win comes with an asstrick or is it an asterisk. Maybe you could go post on the oregon boards and see if kayvon has an answer or explanation for your needs.
Lolololo ….. love it !!!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think there`s more than a few who think back to back is pretty much in the bag. I tried to share with them that, because we have extensive experience with it over the last decade or so, it`s REALLY difficult to repeat. I think my two dogs and two parrots have better comprehension of what I was trying to say.

Reactions: Carollovestide

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I'll try to put aside my bias of being a GA fan and try to be objective as possible on the game.

Alabama:
- Losing Jameson Williams really hurt the offense. After receivers started dropping passes, BY lost confidence in his receivers and started to press.
- I thought Alabama should have worked the ground game more while you guys were up, especially with WRs struggling.
- BY is legit! We had so much pressure on him all night but he made great throws with defenders on his face taking hit after hit. He earned my respect, you guys got a great QB.

Georgia:
- As a GA fan, I wanted Smart to put in JT Daniels. Bennett always makes bone head mistakes (Pick 6 with SEC Championship, Lost fumble / Incompletion review in this game). He is not good enough to make these mistakes. If GA had BY and AL had SB, GA would have blown out AL.
- I hear many AL fans complaining about injuries and they are true and impacted the game. However, GA had injuries and missing player all season long. Adam Anderson (best pass rusher) suspended for season. George Picken (best receiver) not full speed after ACL in spring. Arian Smith (out), their faster receiver. Christopher Smith our starting safety (out in SEC championship). Point is, injury is part of the game.
- GA won the national championship despite having Bennett as our QB. Overall, GA was a better team, with a decent QB, GA would have been the better team by far, I believe.
- GA's first true close game was in the national championship and we won by 15 points. Of course we got blown out in SEC C too.
I just lost a few brain cells reading that.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Alabama:

Georgia:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.