NCAA Portal Talk

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
How many Razorbacks can you accept? Seems like LSU has a bunch! Kelly restocking from other programs...the transfer portal is a mess..hearing Harbaugh to Vegas...anyone else see that anywhere?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but John Doe's 10-part breakdown of the Championship Game has finally appeared on YouTube. Much of it amounts to a running verbal and video dismantling of our departed tight end. Withering. In big moment after big moment, he doesn't even try.

Last edited:

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Speaking of Metchie.... I was speaking to someone on the other board that followed Burton's Career closely. He said it would be a good get, would help the young WR room, but He's not someone that would necessarily blow up the chart.
I like Burton and Boutte equally well. I like Josh Downs better.Of course he and KBoutte are Not in the portal....Yet.And nobody,of course, has a clue who may get in there as time moves on.2 things that I see and feel that are important.1st of all,dont bring anyone in who will fracture the locker room.And Jamo,Henry,Ricks,and Gibbs are not guys who will/would..Not even close.And second,dont do anything that will retard the development of Brooks,Agiye,Leary,and JoJo..IF you think they can play at a championship level.I know they are talented as hell,and a couple of them at least,I believe,have a chance to be real difference makers.

I also believe that Isiaah Bond is going to be elite sooner than later.And added with AAnderson,Prentice,Law,and Shazz??..Quite possibly the fastest 1st year group EVER assembled anywhere.Although not real rangy or big physically.But big enough.And Niblack has a chance to be a big problem for defenses.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Like your enthusiasm for the incoming class of receivers. But the deal is the same. They still must show they can play college football. We're two years in with a couple of 'can't miss' prospects who haven't shown they consistently can get open or catch the ball. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion they never will. As our previous WRs have already proven, if you've got "it" as a receiver, it shows up very quickly.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but John Doe's 10-part breakdown of the Championship Game has finally appeared on YouTube. Much of it amounts to a running verbal and video dismantling of our departed tight end. Withering. In big moment after big moment, he doesn't even try.
It was obvious on every single replay shot. Especially the ones where they showed the camera angle from behind Bryce.

Whoever was covering him never had to break a sweat all night.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Like your enthusiasm for the incoming class of receivers. But the deal is the same. They still must show they can play college football. We're two years in with a couple of 'can't miss' prospects who haven't shown they consistently can get open or catch the ball. I'm quickly coming to the conclusion they never will. As our previous WRs have already proven, if you've got "it" as a receiver, it shows up very quickly.
Who are the "couple" of cant miss prospects that we are 2 years in with?..Surely you arent speaking of THolden or TJ-Bell are you?....And let me remind you...You do the legwork..Examine how many balls Ruggs,JJ,and Devonta caught in 2017?..I believe they combined for like 34-35 catches. Now of course Waddle and Cal R were exceptions early in their Tide careers.And I am not saying that our 4 1st year Wrs this year will be in that stratosphere.But sometimes you have to be patient for the light to come on.
The national media's current and recent eye "candy" JS-Njigba of ohio had 10 catches in 2020 as a 1st year player.I could name several others on both sides of the ledger but I wont.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.