Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I had a lot of debates back and forth, but if you really dig down you are addressing an issue that's pretty dangerous to Alabama.

If A&M can spend ten times as much on NIL as Alabama, that does put Alabama in a situation that might not be sustainable.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Honestly I wish he just stopped with Jimbo because he was always going to get blowback for it and it’s going to be worse that he chose a HBCU to target. Atleast just leaving it with Jimbo he keeps the issue with what he and Kiffin already have brought up.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I had a lot of debates back and forth, but if you really dig down you are addressing an issue that's pretty dangerous to Alabama.

If A&M can spend ten times as much on NIL as Alabama, that does put Alabama in a situation that might not be sustainable.
I`m shocked he said it too, but this is correct. CNS is pretty calculating. He knows full well the firestorm that this will cause. If we needed something to spice up the off season, we just got it!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Honestly I wish he just stopped with Jimbo because he was always going to get blowback for it and it’s going to be worse that he chose a HBCU to target. Atleast just leaving it with Jimbo he keeps the issue with what he and Kiffin already have brought up.
It is midly irritating that he gave Sanders a chance to use the word "PEOPLE" three times, all in caps, like it's some sort of weird cult.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
We may think he is calculating in his comments. His detractors will think he is whining and double down. If anything advances his retirement, it will be NIL. When the kids we need to win championships no longer perceive the development that coach offers as the primary benefit, he will be done. And Bama will need to figure out how it will compete in the new landscape where it's just a blue sky market.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Basically, He's letting everyone know, if that's how it's going to be played.... He'll play it and he's the best at it.
100% this.

He knew the cameras were there, he thought about what he was going to say ahead of time. This was another warning - a warning that NIL (as it's being abused) will eventually destroy CFB, but also that, if this is how it's going to be, then Bama will kick your butt here, too.

All the atm fans are saying 'he's scared', just like opposing fans have said every time Saban warned CFB about something. How quickly they forget. As an aside, I've come to the realization that atm is really just texas-lite - same attitude, with lesser history, so they're not quite as intolerable. But overall, same attitude of 'we have more money than you so we can win' with nothing to show for it.

We'll see what happens, but I suspect Saban already has a collective in place (or is putting one in place) and will give CFB what it asked for soon enough.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It is midly irritating that he gave Sanders a chance to use the word "PEOPLE" three times, all in caps, like it's some sort of weird cult.
Defense tactic, turns it racial and suddenly it’s big mean whit guy picking on HBCUs. While it’s more than likely true (big time recruits don’t typically shun large schools to go to HBCUs), it was still a tactical error on Saban’s part.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
100% this.

He knew the cameras were there, he thought about what he was going to say ahead of time. This was another warning - a warning that NIL (as it's being abused) will eventually destroy CFB, but also that, if this is how it's going to be, then Bama will kick your butt here, too.

All the atm fans are saying 'he's scared', just like opposing fans have said every time Saban warned CFB about something. How quickly they forget. As an aside, I've come to the realization that atm is really just texas-lite - same attitude, with lesser history, so they're not quite as intolerable. But overall, same attitude of 'we have more money than you so we can win' with nothing to show for it.

We'll see what happens, but I suspect Saban already has a collective in place (or is putting one in place) and will give CFB what it asked for soon enough.
He may not get the players, but the NiL deals just went way up. You don’t have to pay them all to make it too expensive to field an entire class.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
If the coaches actually call Coach Saban on the phone about what he said, Coach Saban will rip them a new one. The only way they get something on Coach is to put it on twitter. Behind those closed doors though, Coach Saban wins every time. You don't get to Coach Saban's level without being thick skinned and willing to let people know where you stand on things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.