SEC East Predictions

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think Georgia drops one no one is expecting and then bama knocks them out of the playoff hunt in the sec title game.
It's certainly possible if they have a big hangover. But take a look at their schedule -- there aren't many teams that are a threat to them.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's certainly possible if they have a big hangover. But take a look at their schedule -- there aren't many teams that are a threat to them.
i would say Oregon and USCe have the best shots only because they are early and you have no idea what to expect. But aside from that there are no obvious big games outside of Tennessee and Kentucky

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Yeah everyone says that…and then after a loss it’s “how did this happen???”
I think something of interest for myself and other Georgia fans, is what exactly are the expectations this season? what is a successful season and what is considered a failure?

I struggle to define this even as a fan of the team for this season. I would have to say an expectation would be 11-1, lose SEC championship and then win NY6 bowl for a 12-2 season. Above that is a successful season. 11-3 is meh, and 4 loses even including SEC championship and bowl game as a loss would be a "failure"

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I think something of interest for myself and other Georgia fans, is what exactly are the expectations this season? what is a successful season and what is considered a failure?

I struggle to define this even as a fan of the team for this season. I would have to say an expectation would be 11-1, lose SEC championship and then win NY6 bowl for a 12-2 season. Above that is a successful season. 11-3 is meh, and 4 loses even including SEC championship and bowl game as a loss would be a "failure"
I don’t want you to take what I am saying the wrong with way. It’s not a disrespect to Georgia’s program when I say these things. I just know how difficult it is coming off a title season. 2010 Alabama had so much talent on it it lost 3 games. It’s very different when everyone is gunning for you. Everyone gives lip service to “we Are not gonna get complacent” and “we are still Gonna stay hungry” but the next thing you know you get bear by a team that had no business beating you.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I don’t want you to take what I am saying the wrong with way. It’s not a disrespect to Georgia’s program when I say these things. I just know how difficult it is coming off a title season. 2010 Alabama had so much talent on it it lost 3 games. It’s very different when everyone is gunning for you
I don't take it as any sort of disrespect so no worries there. I am always open to intelligent football conversation and can usually separate my own personal feelings, until its game day lol.

a lot of talent was lost, a lot of teams will be gunning for Georgia. I believe this season will define what type of future coach that Kirby will be. Can he reload a team with all the talent on the roster, or will it need to be a rebuilding year?

Saban is the best at it, loses talent year in a year out to the draft. Bama then loses majority of their assistant coaches it seems, but still competes for a title the following year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don’t want you to take what I am saying the wrong with way. It’s not a disrespect to Georgia’s program when I say these things. I just know how difficult it is coming off a title season. 2010 Alabama had so much talent on it it lost 3 games. It’s very different when everyone is gunning for you. Everyone gives lip service to “we Are not gonna get complacent” and “we are still Gonna stay hungry” but the next thing you know you get bear by a team that had no business beating you.
Alabama also had to face 6 opponents off a bye and 3 top 10 teams in 3 straight weeks.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I don't take it as any sort of disrespect so no worries there. I am always open to intelligent football conversation and can usually separate my own personal feelings, until its game day lol.

a lot of talent was lost, a lot of teams will be gunning for Georgia. I believe this season will define what type of future coach that Kirby will be. Can he reload a team with all the talent on the roster, or will it need to be a rebuilding year?

Saban is the best at it, loses talent year in a year out to the draft. Bama then loses majority of their assistant coaches it seems, but still competes for a title the following year.
My issue with Georgia isn’t really anything to do with the program itself. Kirby being cutthroat…doesn’t bother me the way it bothers other Bama fans. I can accept that my god he is not being paid to being anyones friend. My issue with Georgia stems from fans and the Georgia medias attitude that Sabans insane accompishment are somehow gonna be easily replicated and saban is just a “tired old man” and who needs to get out of the way for king Kirby. That has really stuck in my craw.

Barrett Salle sat there in a interview with josh pate and talked about Saban like he was some old animal that needed to put out to pasture because of the win in January. Sale even talked like It was a guarantee that saban was gonna retire in the next “5 years”

Last edited:

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
My issue with Georgia isn’t really anything to do with the program itself. Kirby being cutthroat…doesn’t bother me the way it bothers other Bama fans. I can accept that my god he is not being paid to being anyones friend. My issue with Georgia stems from fans and the Georgia medias attitude that Sabans insane accompishment are somehow gonna be easily replicated and saban is just a “tired old man” and who needs to get out of the way king Kirby. That has really stuck in my craw.
I personally do not feel that way and I do not know how anyone will ever replicate what Saban has done in the last 15 seasons.

Anyone saying Saban should retire that is a Georgia fan is most likely not saying it because he is a "tired old man" but instead saying it because they want less competition and are tired of Saban beating them 90% of the time.

I hope that Kirby can go down as a great coach, but he wont win 6 national titles in 15 years, no one will ever again if you ask me

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Georgia ...... 12-0 (8-0)
Florida........ 10-2 (6-2)
Kentucky...... 8-4 (5-3)
SC................ 6-6 (3-5)
Tenn............ 7-5 (3-5)
Mizzou........ 5-7 (1-7)
Vandy.......... 3-9 (0-8)

Reactions: Bazza

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
1 - Georgia 12-0 (8-0)
2 - Florida 10-2 (6-2)
3 - Tennessee 8-4 (5-3)
4. Kentucky 8-4 (4-4)
5. South Carolina 6-6 (3-6)
6. Missouri 5-7 (2-6)
7. Vanderbilt 2-10 (0-8)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
FWIW Florida’s O/U is 7. 4th best in the East.

I think many of y’all don’t realize how depleted Florida actually is and are basically finding 10 wins just because of the coach and the hatred towards Georgia. Mullen didn’t leave Napier a team like Mushchamp left Mac. I think Florida probably gets boatraced by Utah game 1 to be quiet honest.

BTW Utah is a ROAD favorite over Florida.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

I think many of y’all don’t realize how depleted Florida actually is and are basically finding 10 wins just because of the coach and the hatred towards Georgia. Mullen didn’t leave Napier a team like Mushchamp left Mac. I think Florida probably gets boatraced by Utah game 1 to be quiet honest.

I have gotten into many arguments on FB talking about how Mullen refused to recruit and left the cupboard bare. No one wants to listen though.

Reactions: DawgAlum2054

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

Neutral site I think I'd agree. In the Swamp in early September? It's gonna be hot, humid, and loud. I think Florida wins but I may be overestimating them.

Reactions: Bubbaloo

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.