2020 coaching carousel

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
How would you like to be a P5 AD trying to hire someone without it leaking. All the time knowing his future failure will possibly cost you your own job
You know Mal Moore said he pretty much knew in 2007 after firing Shula his next coaching hire would be his last, one way or another. Meaning he either got it right or he was going to be gone.

It was that thought that pushed him to make a second run at Coach Saban after he had initially said “no”. And aren’t we glad he did?

I think AD’s these days take it almost as something that goes with the territory.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You know Mal Moore said he pretty much knew in 2007 after firing Shula his next coaching hire would be his last, one way or another. Meaning he either got it right or he was going to be gone.

It was that thought that pushed him to make a second run at Coach Saban after he had initially said “no”. And aren’t we glad he did?

I think AD’s these days take it almost as something that goes with the territory.
He rented a hotel room close to Saban’s house during Saban’s last game without Saban even agreeing to meet him. Jimmy Sexton called him mid flight and said don’t fly to Miami because there is no guarantee he will even talk to you. Mal said “ if I don’t have Nick on this plane coming back with me then I’m taking it to drop me off in Cuba”. Mal had some serious guts.

Mal gets his man

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Didn't see this posted elsewhere, and I know, it's just Vandy, but they're about to sign a Vandy man as their next HC, Clark Lea, DC at ND. If you're interested in the write-up:

CLICK

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Didn't see this posted elsewhere, and I know, it's just Vandy, but they're about to sign a Vandy man as their next HC, Clark Lea, DC at ND. If you're interested in the write-up:

CLICK
Going after a DC at a prestigious academic school. Why do I feel like I’ve see this movie before...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.