2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

LetTheGoodTideRoll

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 13, 2021
It depends on how big this class is going to be. If we flip Keely and Perkins and get Smith, Russaw, Collins and McClain not sure if we have room for more flips. If we miss, yes but hoping we get these six and call it a day at 24.
Sorry if you or others have said this and I've forgotten -- is it a given that Smith and Russaw will play together in college? Even as high school teammates it seems like many 'package deals' don't end up as such on signing day. Of course I hope they'll both play for the good guys.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Sorry if you or others have said this and I've forgotten -- is it a given that Smith and Russaw will play together in college? Even as high school teammates it seems like many 'package deals' don't end up as such on signing day. Of course I hope they'll both play for the good guys.
Package deals are rare, and this is a rare case. All I've heard is that they will play for same team.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
What are the chances for landing Russaw? Zac Etheridge is recruiting him hard and they have hometown ties (Russaw grew up in Troy, I believe, before transferring to Carver). Zac is really pushing that hometown angle. :sleep:

Reactions: STONECOLDSABAN

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Only reason I brought up multiple flips, is because lot of highly rated players are already committed. I do think after few more commits in next few weeks, I think Bama will get more selective.... as season goes on.
So you think CNS will start pulling some of the committable offers back...? :unsure:

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I did not pay much attention to Keely since he was committed to ND but after taking a look at his sophomore video (link below) I am drooling. This kid is incredibly long (says he has a 7'0 wingspan) and runs like a deer. So hoping we get him to flip.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Wouldn't signing 28-30 require some further attrition, or will some back count to another class? Seems to be a rather high number to me.
Remember the NCAA temporarily changed the scholarship limitations from 25 to 32. Schools are going to take advantage of that, sign big classes, and figure out the numbers.
The change flew a bit under the radar.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.