2024-They died this year

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Aston Francis Barrett, CD, often called "Family Man" or "Fams" for short, was a Jamaican musician and Rastafarian. He was best known as the bandleader of Bob Marley's backing band, as well as co-producer of the albums, and the man in charge of the overall song arrangements.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Charles Osgood, veteran CBS newsman and longtime host of "Sunday Morning," dies at 91 (msn.com)

Award-winning journalist Charles Osgood, who anchored "CBS Sunday Morning" for 22 years and was host of the long-running radio program "The Osgood File," died Tuesday at home in New Jersey. He was 91.

The cause of death was dementia, his family said.
I had breakfast with him in Los Angeles about 30 years ago. Super humble and easy to talk with (he, of course, not I)...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
RIP Tom Ganios! The Chili scene from Porky's will always be a classic! It was the best follow-up from the "Michael Hunt" scene!

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ole Anderson, original Four Horsemen member, dead at 81 - CBSSports.com

Alan Rogowski, better known in the wrestling world as Ole Anderson, has died at age 81. Rogowski had an expansive legacy in the wrestling industry but is best known as one of the members of the original Four Horsemen faction. Friends and family members shared the news of Rogowski's passing on Monday.

Rogowski became one of the "Anderson Family" and teamed with his storyline brother Gene Anderson as The Minnesota Wrecking Crew in 1968 after Lars Anderson left the team. Rogowski and Anderson won numerous tag titles, with Rogowski also picking up tag team title wins with Lars Anderson as he was brought back to the team on occasion.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I just watched the latest Curb episode that featured him earlier this afternoon and I thought he looked really frail and noticed in every scene he was sitting.

Then about 30-60 mins later I go online and see this news.

It felt so surreal.

He had amazing chemistry with Larry David and will be missed by many Curb fans.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, who forged closer ties with US, has died at 84

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and Toddrn

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We lost not one but two baseball players from the late 70s-early 80s time frame yesterday:

Ed Ott - starting catcher on the 1979 World Series champion Pirates

U L Washington - starting shortstop on the 1980 World Series losing KC Royals and best-known for playing the field and batting with a toothpick in his mouth.

Pirates mourn the death of Ed Ott, catcher who helped the Pirates win the 1979 World Series | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

KC Royals legend U.L. Washington reportedly passes away at 70 (kingsofkauffman.com)

Reactions: dathbama

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads