2020 Prospect: 5* RB & #1 Player Zachary Evans

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
From a 247 article on Zach Evans visiting UTe-

“I believe this is their second year with the coaching staff, but when they were at Alabama, they were there with Derrick Henry," Evans said last year. "They were there helping recruit, so I’m pretty sure they know how to coach a Heisman (Trophy winner).”-

Anyone understand what he is trying to say? BTW , Henry was at Bama 2013,2014,2015. Pruitt was at FSU 2013 and at Ga 2014-2015. I’m not familiar with UT’s staff but I don’t think any offensive coaches were at Bama with Henry .

Reactions: seebell

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
From a 247 article on Zach Evans visiting UTe-

“I believe this is their second year with the coaching staff, but when they were at Alabama, they were there with Derrick Henry," Evans said last year. "They were there helping recruit, so I’m pretty sure they know how to coach a Heisman (Trophy winner).”-

Anyone understand what he is trying to say? BTW , Henry was at Bama 2013,2014,2015. Pruitt was at FSU 2013 and at Ga 2014-2015. I’m not familiar with UT’s staff but I don’t think any offensive coaches were at Bama with Henry .
Alabama is an “adjective”, a descriptor. When you have nothing to hang your hat on, you must sell the recruit on what you desire to be....for Tennessee, for Georgia, for programs around the country, the standard is Alabama. Even if there isn’t a direct connection to Alabama, Henry and our success they play six degrees of separation to attempt to connect the dots.

Think about it. What has the UTe accomplished in Evans’s lifetime to sell him on? (Outside “The Champions of Life” title).

Everything is “blah blah this...LIKE Alabama” or “blah blah that...LIKE Alabama.

If Mr. Evans would have kept his nose clean, he wouldn’t be needing to consider a place “like” Alabama. He could be AT Alabama.

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
With the Dawgs picking up 4* RB Dajun Edwards today this puts a wrinkle in the Evans recruitment considering he's suppose to be in Athens this weekend.

I'm sure this sounds crazy, but I'd take a flyer on the kid because he's that good. We could easily move Cook to the Slot Receiver position and now have an insurance policy with Edwards.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
With the Dawgs picking up 4* RB Dajun Edwards today this puts a wrinkle in the Evans recruitment considering he's suppose to be in Athens this weekend.

I'm sure this sounds crazy, but I'd take a flyer on the kid because he's that good. We could easily move Cook to the Slot Receiver position and now have an insurance policy with Edwards.
I REALLY want you guys to get Evans... :cool:

The Locker Room Cancer would be Epic!

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006

Cook would transfer before he moves to slot. He didn’t go to UGA to be a slot receiver.
I hope you guys do just what you are saying, Evans will rip your team apart. He is the epitome of a prima donna 5* recruit.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Cook would transfer before he moves to slot. He didn’t go to UGA to be a slot receiver.
I hope you guys do just what you are saying, Evans will rip your team apart. He is the epitome of a prima donna 5* recruit.
I doubt the chances of that happening matters to them, they`ve got to get over the hump and win a national championship. I`m sure they think it`s worth the risk.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
He's been in the Slot in every game he's played in at UGA. Putting him in the Slot doesn't mean that he wouldn't carry the ball. In the past we've lined him up at WR and motioned him into Jet Sweeps.

FWIW, I'm old school and the last thing I want is a locker room cancer. The only reason why I'm in favor of taking ZE is on the ground information I've received all season. My contact assures me the reports of Zach's behavioral issues have been wildly exaggerated. Is he perfect? No. However, the real problem is the relationship between Zach and one of the Assistant Coaches, who supposedly is a real piece of work.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: UAllday and B1GTide

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
He's been in the Slot in every game he's played in at UGA. Putting him in the Slot doesn't mean that he wouldn't carry the ball. In the past we've lined him up at WR and motioned him into Jet Sweeps.

FWIW, I'm old school and the last thing I want is a locker room cancer. The only reason why I'm in favor of taking ZE is on the ground information I've received all season. My contact assures me the reports of Zach's behavioral issues have been wildly exaggerated. Is he perfect? No. However, the real problem is the relationship between Zach and one of the Assistant Coaches, who supposedly is a real piece of work.
You are looking at this situation with your red and black glasses and there is nothing wrong with that. But the bottom line is the kid has issues whether you choose to believe it or not. Bama chose to move on apparently UGA did not, if ya'll sign him will it work out for you, time will tell. But obviously the Tide did not want to take that chance and I am perfectly fine with that, as I am sure many of our members on here feel the same way.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
So little brother on the couch next to you thinks this is a good idea...1980 Called ZE isn't Herschel...
but he'll take the car...
EDIT: C'mon man!!!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

you need to stop right there. I read those reports on Dawgnation, blaming the coaches. it’s the only place I read it was the coaches fault. You can rationalize anything or any reason ZE will be a great fit at UGA, but we can also point out the obvious! Documented ! Problems! There are a number of schools that have moved on from ZE, with Nick being one of the first.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

The #1 RB in the country gets suspended multiple times during the season, including for the playoffs, and it's a coach's fault? Really?

Having no contacts or inside information, only life experience, here's what is most likely the situation:

- Otherwise cooperative people don't just all of a sudden go rogue and pop off to the extent necessary to get them suspended.
- Let alone do that more than once. Let alone do that when the team needs them most -- the playoffs.
- Which means Evans has in all likelihood done a lot of other things that didn't make it to the level of suspension and the newspapers.
- He does that because, "coach doesn't like me." Really? Put that in there with "Check's in the mail," and "What? Of course I'll respect you in the morning."
- Your contact might be right that the assistant doesn't like Evans. But that has cause and effect backwards. I'll bet a house payment that coach doesn't like Evans because of his behavior. Evans isn't showing his hindquarters because the coach doesn't like him.

Alabama, UGA, and a bunch of other schools stopped recruiting him. Rumor is that when his phone stopped ringing he realized his mistake(s), and came around promising to be a good guy, and asking to sign. Got the hand. Or maybe just a finger.

Wherever he lands, his talent might make for one meaningful season. Maybe. And he's going to leave a wake of discontent and broken relationships with coaches and teammates in the process.

As Saban has said, It's not the guys you recruit but don't get that hurt you. It's the guys you get, but who don't work out for whatever reason.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

I've no doubt there may be a rogue assistant coach who let his own ego get into the way. I've seen it at all levels. However, for this many schools to back away...something's going on and it's not good. I hope he gets his act together and is a model player...

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
The #1 RB in the country gets suspended multiple times during the season, including for the playoffs, and it's a coach's fault? Really?

Having no contacts or inside information, only life experience, here's what is most likely the situation:

- Otherwise cooperative people don't just all of a sudden go rogue and pop off to the extent necessary to get them suspended.
- Let alone do that more than once. Let alone do that when the team needs them most -- the playoffs.
- Which means Evans has in all likelihood done a lot of other things that didn't make it to the level of suspension and the newspapers.
- He does that because, "coach doesn't like me." Really? Put that in there with "Check's in the mail," and "What? Of course I'll respect you in the morning."
- Your contact might be right that the assistant doesn't like Evans. But that has cause and effect backwards. I'll bet a house payment that coach doesn't like Evans because of his behavior. Evans isn't showing his hindquarters because the coach doesn't like him.

Alabama, UGA, and a bunch of other schools stopped recruiting him. Rumor is that when his phone stopped ringing he realized his mistake(s), and came around promising to be a good guy, and asking to sign. Got the hand. Or maybe just a finger.

Wherever he lands, his talent might make for one meaningful season. Maybe. And he's going to leave a wake of discontent and broken relationships with coaches and teammates in the process.

As Saban has said, It's not the guys you recruit but don't get that hurt you. It's the guys you get, but who don't work out for whatever reason.
Excellent post right there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.