Game Thread: B1G Title Game

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
so blowing out a #4 ranked team vs overcoming a #8 team isnt enough? I think LSU definitely passed the eye test today....OSU not so much....so it would be LSU vs OU and Clemson/ OSU...
I'm not saying LSU didn't look good today. I'm saying it doesn't matter what you and I think. This panel has already made a couple of head scratching moves this year and if tOSU finishes strong they might think that's enough to maintain position.

Reactions: denver

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I can see that. But no one has really challenged Clemson - every week is an FBS game pretty much so they are healthy and fresh. OSU is better prepared but showed some weakness today...and UW does not have elite talent at QB and other positions, although i like Taylor. Thats why we play the games i guess.
LSU has given up multiple 30 point games this year to weaker talent this year. So I would say there is just as much questions on them.

Wisconsin is one of those teams that just kill your lines. If they ever get an advantage then you are in a dog fight no matter who you are. Ohio St adjusted and blew them out the 2nd half.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Congrats B1GTide. Hope your guys get it done. Only rooting for ohio State because the bug me less than coach aw shucks, anything and everything lsu, and the weird Jalen unleashed narrative by the media.

Reactions: B1GTide

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
LSU has given up multiple 30 point games this year to weaker talent this year. So I would say there is just as much questions on them.

Wisconsin is one of those teams that just kill your lines. If they ever get an advantage then you are in a dog fight no matter who you are. Ohio St adjusted and blew them out the 2nd half.
Weaker talent? SEC puts more players into the NFL EVERY year than other conferences. LSU has beaten teams with NFL talent every week. OSU has more talent than all other B10 teams but each week they play inferior competition

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Weaker talent? SEC puts more players into the NFL EVERY year than other conferences. LSU has beaten teams with NFL talent every week. OSU has more talent than all other B10 teams but each week they play inferior competition
Do you think Ole Miss and Texas are in the same ball park as Ohio st or Clemson in terms of talent?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry that I dropped off at the end. Family obligations. Just happy to get the win. Onward.

Go Bucks!
Roll Tide!

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: 12Namath12

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is fair.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You lost me......you'll have to elaborate on that argument for me to understand and respond
You misunderstood what I meant by weaker talent. I wasn’t comparing schedules, I was comparing quality of offenses. No one is going to say what LSU faced this season was lesser than what Ohio St or Clemson did. But even if we were what does it matter? Clemson and Ohio St are better than 10 SEC teams from the get go, the question always is “are they better than the other 4?”

I know for a fact Ohio St and Clemson are better offensive and defensively than Texas, Vandy, and Ole Miss. I’m pretty sure they are better defensively than Alabama and I’m 100% sure they are better offensively than Auburn and UGA.

The point I’m making is that you are high lighting 1 or 2 games in which a team matched up with Ohio St as a glaring weakness, but you are forgetting all the troubles LSU had with their weaker opponents on their schedule.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think Wisconsin would beat Georgia despite Georgia’s talent edge.

Ohio State actually has a slightly better resume than LSU. I think it’s Ohio State vs Oklahoma and LSU vs Clemson.

And I think it’s Ohio State vs Clemson for the championship.

Reactions: PA Tide Fan

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think Wisconsin would beat Georgia despite Georgia’s talent edge.

Ohio State actually has a slightly better resume than LSU. I think it’s Ohio State vs Oklahoma and LSU vs Clemson.

And I think it’s Ohio State vs Clemson for the championship.
No they don’t. It’s solid no doubt but it ain’t a better resume than LSU.
1. LSU
2. tOSU
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

Reactions: The Ols

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No they don’t. It’s solid no doubt but it ain’t a better resume than LSU.
1. LSU
2. tOSU
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma
Their opponents winning percentage is higher, they’ve played more ranked teams, and their margin of victory vs those ranked teams is double that of LSU. I say they’re very close but OSU’s is better.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Congratulations B1GTide! I didn't watch y'alls game but I'm guessing it will be OSU vs LSU.
Good luck the rest of the way and I hope you win it all! RTR!

• Thank You

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Don't count out Clemson winning it all. Of course, I don't want that to happen, but Clemson seems to be flying under the radar...

And congratulations B1GTide, OSU should win it all! My heart is rooting for Jalen though... ;)

• Thank You

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.