Bama is in over FSU because..,,

AWRTR

All-American
Oct 18, 2022
I dont think FSU could hang with Texas or Washington.........on the same note, I dont think Michigan is as good as they are made out to be
I agree with your Michigan assessment. I’m just not scared of them. I think UGA or Bama would beat them by at least ten.

Reactions: Tidelines

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
They’ve played fast and loose with Selection Sunday many times before. The 11 people that watched the ACCcg know FSU doesn’t belong in the final four. They’re going to say that they gave them a chance but the proof is in the pudding. Their resume sucks too so there’s that. Bama needed another indicator of import and they got it by beating the #1 team and winning the Conference Championship.

If they are left out it will be the biggest welfare CFP finals ever. Participation trophy at its best.

Reactions: TD7 and AWRTR

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Urban Meyer said there are three former coaches/players on the committee. They are the only ones that can truly evaluate film and instruct the other members. He said those people could clearly see that Michigan, Washington, Texas, and Bama are the four best teams.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Just heard Heather Dinitch say that after watching all the games, she believes that it could be
3 Texas
4 Bama
5 Georgia
6 Florida ST

I couldn’t believe that was coming from her. I sure hope she is right. First time I believe I have agreed with her.

RTR! 🙏🏻
She’s like never right though. That’s probably a kiss of death.

hernandez

Nov 9, 2023
They’ve played fast and loose with Selection Sunday many times before. The 11 people that watched the ACCcg know FSU doesn’t belong in the final four. They’re going to say that they gave them a chance but the proof is in the pudding. Their resume sucks too so there’s that. Bama needed another indicator of import and they got it by beating the #1 team and winning the Conference Championship.

If they are left out it will be the biggest welfare CFP finals ever. Participation trophy at its best.
All they literally have to say to cover their tails is "FSU would be in if not for the QB injury."

If they cave and leave us out then heads need to roll. Sankey, our AD and president better step up.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
It will either be. Michigan Washington Texas, Alabama or Michigan Washington FSU Texas. When the announce number 3 we will know if we are in. If Teas with 1 loss can jump FSU then ALabama has a better resume then Texas vs FSU. If FSU is at 3 then Texas’s win over us will factor in for spot 4.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Anyone who knows anything about football watching the games yesterday would come away with the conclusion that FSU is NOT one of the best 4 teams in the country right now- and that is what the primary criteria should be. If FSU goes over us then they might as well disband the committee next year and let the top 12 get picked by Clucko the Chicken.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Because I'm up and bored

FSU: SOR (3rd) FPI (11th) SOS (55th) GC (14th)
Key Wins: LSU (#13) and Louisville (#14/15)

Texas: SOR (5th) FPI (7th) SOS (13th) GC (2nd)
Key Wins: Bama (#8) Okie St (#18/19) (K-State #25/NR)
Key Loss: OU (#12)

Bama: SOR (4th) FPI (5th) SOS (5th) GC (7th)
Key Wins: UGA (#1) Ole Miss (#11) LSU (#13) and Tenn (#21/NR)
Key Loss: Texas (#7)

Dude... the only teams in the entire Top 25 with a worse SOS than FSU are Liberty, Tulane, SMU, and NC State.

Read it AGAIN.

Their BEST win is our THIRD Best win.

Yeah they are undefeated by my god LOOK at their schedule.

Before last night and really even after last night the ONLY team they've played with a pulse is LSU.

Out of the Top 7 teams in contention we played the toughest schedule and that lone loss is to the Current #7 that's going to be in the Top 4.

Who in the world thinks FSU gets through our schedule undefeated?

Texas and Bama should BOTH be in the CFBP over FSU.

tOSU and UGA even have better resume's than FSU

FSU isn't one of the Best 4 or even the Best 6.

I'm going to be LIVID if we get left out.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
It will either be. Michigan Washington Texas, Alabama or Michigan Washington FSU Texas. When the announce number 3 we will know if we are in. If Teas with 1 loss can jump FSU then ALabama has a better resume then Texas vs FSU. If FSU is at 3 then Texas’s win over us will factor in for spot 4.
In years past I believe they announced starting with the # 4 team then # 3 and so on.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads