Best quarterbacks playing 2021

OSUTideFan

All-SEC
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Who are some of the best, most promising quarterbacks to watch going into next year’s season? I’m going to assume that Jones, Sunshine, Fields and Trask wouldn’t be returning next year; who would the next best quarterbacks be?

The ones that really stand out to me right now are Taulia Tagovailoa and DJ Uiagalelei. DJ is a beast. Taulia probably needs to transfer to a better school than Maryland to get his full potential developed.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
DJ and Bryce Young are the two best that I have seen who are not currently starters. Lia is not at that level.

If we include players who are already starting - Howell & Rattler deserve a mention.

OSUTideFan

All-SEC
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
DJ and Bryce Young are the two best that I have seen who are not currently starters. Lia is not at that level.

If we include players who are already starting - Howell & Rattler deserve a mention.
I totally spaced on Rattler. Thanks for mentioning Howell! I will check him out.

Reactions: B1GTide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Plano, TX
I'd nominate Penix at Indiana. He struggled against Ohio State, but then led a manic comeback.

I've watched Indiana a couple of games and Penix reminds me a little of Tua (probably cause he's a lefty). But I think he's a good talent.

Reactions: OSUTideFan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'd nominate Penix at Indiana. He struggled against Ohio State, but then led a manic comeback.

I've watched Indiana a couple of games and Penix reminds me a little of Tua (probably cause he's a lefty). But I think he's a good talent.
I agree, but if he stays for another season he won't have his 2 best receivers or his 2 best o-linemen.

Reactions: OSUTideFan

bamadwain

1st Team
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn

If i remember the viles either had him signed or bout to when they pulled the offer?

DogPatch

All-American
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
If he does return, I hope Bryce stays and Milroe still comes.

We are losing some great guys on offense next year so Mac would have a new o line and no Devonte or Najee. He may be better off leaving while his stock is high this year. Not sure what he will do though.
No idea about BY, but I would think Mac coming back would increase the chances of Milroe signing.

Reactions: B1GTide

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Howell at NC will be the hot NFL prospect for next year. Kids a baller. He has disappeared a couple of times in big moments, but he has made some big plays in big moments. Seems to have the tools !

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Best business decision for Penix is to enter the draft. Mac Jones--same advice--strike while the iron is hot. I think the early leader for best QB in 2021 may be Dorian Thomas-Robinson at UCLA. The Pac 12 is playing an abbreviated season but DTR can fling it and he can scramble. I'm not saying he is the next Mahones but he has some of the same abilities. Bryce Young will be really good eventually but he will be very raw starting the season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Plano, TX
Best business decision for Penix is to enter the draft. Mac Jones--same advice--strike while the iron is hot.

Bryce Young will be really good eventually but he will be very raw starting the season.
I agree about striking while the iron is hot. I also think if Jones goes to the draft, it'll be a good thing for Bryce.

You are probably right about BY being raw next year. It's one reason I wish he could get a little more PT this year....playing time that allows him to run the offense and pass the ball more rather than just handing off to kill the clock.

TF Shop : NATIONAL CHAMP GEAR!

TideFansShop.com up to 65% off!!

TideFans.Shop - Get your Bama Championship gear here!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads