Biden to pull the US out of Afghanistan (Afghan Government has Fallen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Look at you! That's pretty libertarian of you! :)
I am not for open borders, but something pretty close. I am not afraid of criminals coming into America - they are going to get in no matter what we do. What we are currently doing only punishes innocent families looking to come to America to make a better life for themselves. America needs them as much as they need us. A much more open border would allow them to come and go freely. And since they would no longer be afraid of being kicked out, they would live as a part of our society rather than hiding from society.

What we are doing now is bad for everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: DogPatch

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not for me, it isn't. I think borders exist for a reason. I cannot enter other countries without going through the proper channels, why should the US be any different?
my only issue with the border issue is that everyone seems to ignore that more Canadians illegally cross than Mexicans. But you never hear about it as an issue. If we are going to harp about one border then why do we not hear about the others.

Reactions: B1GTide

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I wonder why Biden would specifically pick September 11 as the date to have everyone out.

Is this supposed to "honor" the victims of the Islamic terror attack?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wonder why Biden would specifically pick September 11 as the date to have everyone out.

Is this supposed to "honor" the victims of the Islamic terror attack?
no more than bush signing it into law that September 11th is to be an observed holiday known as patriot day.

But ultimately “who cares” if it was 9/11 or 9/12. We need to get out and no President has done it since 9/11/01. So it’s progress

Reactions: B1GTide

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
my only issue with the border issue is that everyone seems to ignore that more Canadians illegally cross than Mexicans. But you never hear about it as an issue. If we are going to harp about one border then why do we not hear about the others.
You may have answered your own question without realizing it.

BTW I believe we should have an easy, secure, safe, humane, reasonable, enforceable, and beneficial immigration policy. Most people do. Despite a lot of bluster and distraction more people than not want the same thing. We agree on most points, but allow the morons in charge to divide and conquer for their benefit. We need to change that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You may have answered your own question without realizing it.

BTW I believe we should have an easy, secure, safe, humane, reasonable, enforceable, and beneficial immigration policy. Most people do. Despite a lot of bluster and distraction more people than not want the same thing. We agree on most points, but allow the morons in charge to divide and conquer for their benefit. We need to change that.
I think the Mexican border is far more harped on than the other 3. Yes we have 4 (MX, CA, and the two coastal waters. The right wing tries to trump up the concerns on the Mexican border by stating it an avenue for drugs and illegals. Drugs mostly come to America from the cartels through ports and through airports not the Mexican border. Hell the Canadians cross more to get our health care. The real reason we are so hard on the Mexican border is because Texan ranchers on the border and the fear that the country would go far left. But when you look at it, more Mexican immigrants are almost just as likely to vote Republican as they are to vote Democrat. It’s more or less a negligible difference.

I do believe there should be some strict restrictions but harping on just one border is stupid IMO.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
no more than bush signing it into law that September 11th is to be an observed holiday known as patriot day.

But ultimately “who cares” if it was 9/11 or 9/12. We need to get out and no President has done it since 9/11/01. So it’s progress
Well, Biden cares, that's why he picked 9/11, and not 9/12, or any other date.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, Biden cares, that's why he picked 9/11, and not 9/12, or any other date.
Again why are April 19th and December 7th not an observed holiday while 9/11 is? My point is if you are going to criticize Biden for picking 9/11 as an important date then why are you not going to criticize Bush for doing the same? It’s really a day that he picked. Maybe it’s on the nose, but I don’t think many really see it as celebrating the attackers as much as that we are finally getting out of a war that rivals 1812 and Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.