Birmingham/Huntsville/Mobile news to stop printing

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I hate to break it to you - but that's not really new at all.

This whole idea that "if people just knew what Trump was really like" AS IF THEY DIDN'T....I'm sorry, it's ludicrous.

I don't disagree with your basic point that it's easier now to streamline what comes into your life so that it's "just" Fox News (or for that matter Huffington Post), but I just don't buy the idea that humans wouldn't act like humans act if only the local newspaper had said something about it.

Anyone who wanted to know about Trump was reading the local newspaper in the 1980s when there were stories in it every day about what a stupid idiot he actually was.

I'll stop at this point largely because I don't want this - a VERY important milestone sadly - to turn into another "Trump This, Trump That" thread.
I dont think the 2 (emergence of trump and lack of readership) can be totally divorced. I know that even before 2015 papers were losing readership, but I think trump's emergence sped it up as many didn't want to be confronted by the daily truth (confirmational bias) and being continually bombarded by the lie of calling it "fake news" surely didn't help.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.