Bolton interview on ABC now...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not really. Still sounds like John Bolton's always sounded. Nothing really new in the book yet, either, although I've just started...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Guessing the truly juicy parts of the book have already leaked. So while there's nothing new there, there is eyewitness confirmation from a highly credible source of what we all already knew in our hearts -- Trump is hopelessly out of his depth, is a true loose cannon, and has to go.

He's amoral, and cares only about himself. I loved the line about Trump finding it impossible to distinguish between what's good for the country vs. what's good for his personal finances.

While I didn't vote for him, I thought he would grow in the job, figuring that anyone with his level of business success had to have a sharp brain and a general understanding of how the world works. How wrong I was. He really is the Toddler-in-Chief, and a true danger.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm only 25 pages or so into the book, but, so far, I'd say it's a try at showing the country that it's far, far worse than anyone dreamed...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i can't speak for anyone else, but i expected an absolutely god-awful outcome from putting this moron in the presidency. it was a combination of shitler himself and the 40+ year debasement of the gop into a christian white grievance party that has no interest in actually governing.

the absolute train wreck that was george w.'s tenure should have been a huge red flag.

i think the only thing that has "surprised" me is how many supposed "good" people are willing to go along with this as our country is plummeting off of a cliff.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i can't speak for anyone else, but i expected an absolutely god-awful outcome from putting this moron in the presidency. it was a combination of shitler himself and the 40+ debasement of the gop into a christian white grievance party that no interest in actually governing.

the absolute train wreck that was george w.'s tenure should have been a huge red flag.

i think the only thing that has "surprised" me is how many supposed "good" people are willing to go along with this as our country is plummeting off of a cliff.
My wife had a little tête-à-tête with her sister this AM, an at least daily affair. The sister sees Trump's being ousted from office as the end of the country...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm only 25 pages or so into the book, but, so far, I'd say it's a try at showing the country that it's far, far worse than anyone dreamed...
How did you get the book early?

I watched last night. I didn’t hear anything new, but I feel like he is telling the truth except when he said he didn’t withhold information for the money.

I’ll probably go ahead and buy the book tomorrow. I thought I had preordered it, but I cannot find anything that says I have.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How did you get the book early?

I watched last night. I didn’t hear anything new, but I feel like he is telling the truth except when he said he didn’t withhold information for the money.

I’ll probably go ahead and buy the book tomorrow. I thought I had preordered it, but I cannot find anything that says I have.
I got the leaked version off the Twitter thread that someone linked a couple of days ago. I downloaded it as a PDF and I'm reading it on my PDF program, so I can't move back and forth between the Kindle and the desktop. I bought the Kindle version, so I'll start reading on it tomorrow...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
While I didn't vote for him, I thought he would grow in the job, figuring that anyone with his level of business success had to have a sharp brain and a general understanding of how the world works. How wrong I was. He really is the Toddler-in-Chief, and a true danger.
Which is more a mythical part of his con-man created character than reality. A lot of people still think that he was good at business but it just isn’t true. He’s a grifter with a brand & daddy’s money.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
i can't speak for anyone else, but i expected an absolutely god-awful outcome from putting this moron in the presidency. it was a combination of shitler himself and the 40+ debasement of the gop into a christian white grievance party that no interest in actually governing.

In any other imaginable universe the man would be removed from office with 150,000 Americans dead with no possible end in sight.

When this fraud ran on the Republican ticket it was clear that there were no guarantees that the Bill of Rights and the normal succession process of our government would remain intact. It is all, in fact, under constant attack.

In my opinion, this all has come after under funding education and human services for decades while showering the pitifully uninformed with right wing propaganda. H. L. Mencken was right after all. It was preordained that we would elect a Moron one day, and we have.

Reactions: 92tide

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Saw on Morning Joe, a few clips of the interview. Bolton said the country could survive one term of Trump, but if he wins a second term the US could be in some deep stuff. He also said he would never support or vote for Trump or Biden. I don't know what he really knows, but I have never trusted him and that has not changed.

• Thank You

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Saw on Morning Joe, a few clips of the interview. Bolton said the country could survive one term of Trump, but if he wins a second term the US could be in some deep stuff. He also said he would never support or vote for Trump or Biden. I don't know what he really knows, but I have never trusted him and that has not changed.
I trust Bolton as little as either Trump or Biden. He is a traitor.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think that he's as much into lying as Trump, who can't open his mouth without it. His book can probably be trusted, insofar as the details are concerned...
I believe that he has to be able to back it up to avoid suit, so the book is probably fine. I just won't support a guy who should have helped impeach a man who he clearly knew needed to be impeached so he could sell books later. I will forever see him as a traitor, just as I see every senator and congressman who did not vote to impeach him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I believe that he has to be able to back it up to avoid suit, so the book is probably fine. I just won't support a guy who should have helped impeach a man who he clearly knew needed to be impeached so he could sell books later. I will forever see him as a traitor, just as I see every senator and congressman who did not vote to impeach him.
Actually not. Since Trump is a "public figure," all Bolton would have to do is prove lack of malice. He wouldn't have to prove the truth of the allegations. More worrisome for him would be criminal prosecution or forfeiture of the proceeds to the government. He withdrew from government review, probably because he assumed that he would face a nitpicking campaign, designed to delay as long as possible, hopefully till after the election. Each time he's been asked that question, he cites his long experience in intelligence and indicates he's not afraid of any part of its being classified...

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide and UAH

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
In any other imaginable universe the man would be removed from office with 150,000 Americans dead with no possible end in sight.

When this fraud ran on the Republican ticket it was clear that there were no guarantees that the Bill of Rights and the normal succession process of our government would remain intact. It is all, in fact, under constant attack.

In my opinion, this all has come after under funding education and human services for decades while showering the pitifully uninformed with right wing propaganda. H. L. Mencken was right after all. It was preordained that we would elect a Moron one day, and we have.
Don't forget. Politicians are picking who votes for them. That has a significant amount to do with this whole thing. When an entire segment of the population believes their votes don't matter, unsurprisingly they quit voting.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Your process of harsh radicalization has been interesting. I view them with disgust but they do not begin fit the definition of "traitor," as it is commonly understood...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.