Poll: Clemson vs. Notre Dame ...Who ya got?

Clemson vs. Notre Dame

• Clemson

Votes: 102 85.7%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 17 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Last year's loss to Bama aside (I think Bama was just that much better & Clemson was not one of 4 best teams last year), in other 4 cfp games Clemson has scored 37, 40, 31, & 35 pts, winning 3 of those and making other one close. No matter what one thinks of Dabo his teams come ready to play in the cfp. ND will have to bring their A+ game to win.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
JBama...you need to do more homework! Lawerence went out early in that game with cuse-injured! Here's the common opponent you need to look at...Pittsburgh. ND beat pitt 19 to 14...clempson beat pitt 42-10...pitt coach was asked after the game who is better ND or Clempson and he said their is NO comparison bettween the two teams...that CU is a way better team.

If you're gonna use that argument ("but Lawrence was hurt") then you can't bring up "but Ball State and Vanderbilt almost beat Notre Dame" given that their QB wasn't the starter until Wake Forest, either.

And btw - he's a higher rated passer than Lawrence and SCAR put up 500 yards on the secondary.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
It's not impossible but I do not see a scenario---other than Clemson reverting back to "Clemsoning"---in which Notre Dame keeps the final score within 17 points. (Note: I am being generous with the 17, as I believe Clemson will not only put up 45+ points but they'll probably win by 25+ points.)

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think ND is better than some in this thread are giving them credit for, but ultimately I don't think they have the horses to compete with Clemson.

Tucker13

Feb 13, 2017
Clemson has been gotten the media breaks that Bama has not ie...our schedule is weak, OK who has Clemson played that is even ranked? I suspect Notre Dame is tired of hearing how weak their team is. Like it or not they are undefeated. If they can contain Lawrence and slow down their Rb's it could be a close game. Would love a multiple OT that would wear either one out for us. All said I suspect Auburn with a lake and a rock will prevail.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
I fully expect Clemson to blow them out. The USC/ND game exposed ND's weaknesses. Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Georgia are all subtantially better football teams than Notre Dame.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
ND has played no one close to Clemson's level this year. The team that struggled to beat Vandy, Ball State and USCw is already going to be in trouble and Dabo is the type to run up the score. I will lay the points.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
I don't know of anything that could make my life much happier than watching Bama beat Oklahoma and Notre Dame back to back.

Just saying, RTR
!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I think ND is better than Syracuse so I wouldn't say they don't have a chance. If I was putting money down I would certainly go with Clemson. I just hope ND finds a way to win. We still owe ND from years ago. I would love to put another beat down on them in a NC game.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
I think the Fighting Dabos can Clemson all over the field and still win by 14 or better. I see it as something like 38-21.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.