2020 Prospect: Ennis Rakestraw Offer -DB - 2020 - Duncanville TX

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I am a year older than Enimo and I remember me and my buddies driving down to Boutwell Auditorium to watch Ennis and Phillips HS play Eric Richardson and Carver. I was in awe of him and I clearly remember a bunch of no look passes that were beautiful and some that bounced off the faces of teammates not paying close enough attention.
Not intending to get off track but that was a “golden age” of basketball in Birmingham. Ennis Whatley, Eric Richardson and Gerald Crosby (UGA) all playing guards on city teams.
Followed a few years later by Buck Johnson that also played at Hayes.
And you had some short, round little forward at Leeds by the name of Barkley playing pretty good.

Back on topic...not surprised everyone come clamoring when Saban knocks on your door. CNS has a history of finding the diamond in the ruff that goes on to have a great career (Kareem Jackson, Levi Wallace, Josh Jacobs etc...)

Reactions: TiderJack

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
This kid is an enigma. He is the 169th rated CB, 1972nd rated player on 247. A low 3 star recruit. But He is the 2019 Dallas Morning News Defensive player of the year. Has an offer and a visit from Bama, Miami, Michigan St, Arky and now Georgia is after him .
Looks like he was a late bloomer. I can't find it now but looked him up earlier and I think during his junior year he was 5'9" and only about 145 pounds. At 6' now, even though he still needs time in the weight room at only 170, he's a much more interesting prospect.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I like our chances with this kid. We are Alabama after all. Ole Kirb can say all he wants but UGA has not shown they can do anything yet and that includes developing players.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I like our chances with this kid. We are Alabama after all. Ole Kirb can say all he wants but UGA has not shown they can do anything yet and that includes developing players.

He called Alabama his dream school

BTW, he ran track and played with a chip on his shoulder when denied entry to UA AAG camp. I still don’t get how he was over looked for so long. He played against 2 of the top 5 receivers in the current 247 rankings and they went 10 catches for only 72 yards and no TDs. It’s almost like The kid is made up . He is now listed at 6-1, 170. Needs time with Coach Cochran and in the nutrition program.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
He called Alabama his dream school

BTW, he ran track and played with a chip on his shoulder when denied entry to UA AAG camp. I still don’t get how he was over looked for so long. He played against 2 of the top 5 receivers in the current 247 rankings and they went 10 catches for only 72 yards and no TDs. It’s almost like The kid is made up . He is now listed at 6-1, 170. Needs time with Coach Cochran and in the nutrition program.
If Bama is his dream school, then they should be able to land him

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Texas is making a strong push for this kid
Did the kid watch that Shorthorn secondary last year? They got torched left and right and couldn’t tackle a statue.

Austin probably not the place to go if you want get developed as a player. Early playing time? Maybe, but CNS has shown no qualms in playing freshman early if they show potential and work hard.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Ennis has 25 offers the first big school of which was Mizzou back in October which he has since officially visited. It wasn't until New Years Eve Eve that other big SEC schools got him on their radar (USCe) then Arkansauce and UGA the next day. We offered on Jan. 7th and the Horns on the 10th. He will be tripping to T-Town this weekend and to Athens on the 31st just before the dead period. Let's see if he sticks with his dream school or gets bamboozled by ole Kirb.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Ennis has 25 offers the first big school of which was Mizzou back in October which he has since officially visited. It wasn't until New Years Eve Eve that other big SEC schools got him on their radar (USCe) then Arkansauce and UGA the next day. We offered on Jan. 7th and the Horns on the 10th. He will be tripping to T-Town this weekend and to Athens on the 31st just before the dead period. Let's see if he sticks with his dream school or gets bamboozled by ole Kirb.
wont be at UGA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.