Question: Favorite SB commercial?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I thought this year was better than last year with ads. We’ve mentioned Jacobs which was well done. My top one was Google. I cried thinking about my wife’s grandmother who recently passed away.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I can see how that one would tug at the heart strings. However in view of the provider, I would prefer not to put my innermost thoughts up in the cloud.

I really liked the Groundhog spot, I thought Bill Murray did a perfect job of seguing into the movie, with some great new gags.

FaninLA

2nd Team
Jul 9, 2019
Cantonment, FL
I reluctantly rank Google tops. I am leery of them as a corporation but the commercial was great on several levels. Having lost one parent to cancer (remembering wonderful memories) and then the other parent to Alzheimer’s (using the device to help remember) choked up my wife and I.

I liked the Jeep commercial the next best. Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies!

Reactions: bamamick

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Agree with the Doritos and Jeep commercials as the best. The worst were the Tide commercials. If you are going to use that many spots, you need something better than "later".

Reactions: CB4

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Agree with the Doritos and Jeep commercials as the best. The worst were the Tide commercials. If you are going to use that many spots, you need something better than "later".
What was crazy was the amount of cross branding...Olay/Tide/Mr.Clean...all over each others commercials.

Reactions: Con and B1GTide

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I think I enjoyed the Doritos commercial the most. I mean, thinking that stuff up must be very difficult.

Reactions: B1GTide

JesstheWanderer

Oct 19, 2019
I was pretty bummed they didn’t show the full Winona add as much of it was filmed at a diner that I frequent in St. Paul. In fact, I had eaten there the day before filming and remember being confused by the handwritten signs that it would be closed from 9am-4:30pm the next day given it is a 24 hour diner. Then the news leaked out re: the Super Bowl spot.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Mountain Dew Zero Sugar, but mostly because I'm such a big Stephen King fan. Little details in the commercial that made fans happy. Plus, they followed up later on Twitter with a "version" of the commercial that only featured "Tony" (the imaginary friend Danny has that speaks through his index finger). Surprisingly detailed and weird. Must be some King/Kubrick fans at Dew's agency.

The Dew flooding out of the elevators at the end clinched it for me. :)

Reactions: TNElephantitis

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It's not the first campaign P&G has done that has left me underwhelmed or scratching my head.

Reactions: B1GTide

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Not sure you'd classify it as a commercial, but the little boy running the football at the beginning with everyone telling him to take it to the house for about two minutes and then he actually runs out of the tunnel with the game ball into the live stadium was pretty awesome.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.