News Article: Good luck dealing with a pandemic, depending on this administration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
@selmaborntidefan Seems like you are posting here a good bit more today than the past months. I hope that means you are getting a well deserved day off.

for starters - thank you so much.

And YES.....I finally got two consecutive nights of uninterrupted quality sleep the last two nights. About five weeks ago I began pushing the weight off I gained during this pandemic. Yes, it's my fault and responsibility, although there were mitigating factors. Doesn't matter.

Thanks for the kind words. I got to talk to an employee that was a good friend who left here six months ago, and we spent about 3 hours on the phone yesterday venting to each other about this whole thing which was kind of therapeutic. She also had a lot of nice things to say about me as a supervisor the last four years we worked together and we even talked politics a few minutes and she said I was fair and even handed. (Folks - she's young enough to be my daughter, we're just former co-workers).

So thanks a lot!

RTR

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Over the weekend, Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.
In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our great country.
“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.”
"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.”
"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale."
"And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I heard over the weekend that Jared and Ivanka's "murky"outside income disclosure revealed outside income between $36 and $157 million in 2019.

Now this in the NY Times today:
Deutsche Bank Opens Review Into Personal Banker to Trump and Kushner

Deutsche Bank has opened an internal investigation into the longtime personal banker of President Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, over a 2013 real estate transaction between the banker and a company part-owned by Mr. Kushner.
In June 2013, the banker, Rosemary Vrablic, and two of her Deutsche Bank colleagues purchased a Park Avenue apartment for about $1.5 million from a company called Bergel 715 Associates, according to New York property records.
Mr. Kushner, a senior adviser to the president, disclosed in an annual personal financial report late Friday that he and his wife, Ivanka Trump, had received $1 million to $5 million last year from Bergel 715. A person familiar with Mr. Kushner’s finances, who wasn’t authorized to speak publicly, said he held an ownership stake in the entity at the time of the transaction with Ms. Vrablic.
When Ms. Vrablic and her colleagues bought the apartment on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, Mr. Trump and Mr. Kushner were her clients at Deutsche Bank. They had received roughly $190 million in loans from the bank and would seek hundreds of millions of dollars more.

NY Times Article

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
so today my buddy went back to school to get prepped, fulton county has 10 days of prep starting today

Cherokee county starts classes today, in their 5 days of prep a FOIA request shows 9 staff positives

My cousin's new husband, who is on Chemo goes back his job teaching special ed in a few weeks in PA. I told him over the weekend to wait till day 1 and call his principal to claim he has symptoms, hit the 14 day reset button and wait as they will shut down before he has to risk his life.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
so today my buddy went back to school to get prepped, fulton county has 10 days of prep starting today

Cherokee county starts classes today, in their 5 days of prep a FOIA request shows 9 staff positives

My cousin's new husband, who is on Chemo goes back his job teaching special ed in a few weeks in PA. I told him over the weekend to wait till day 1 and call his principal to claim he has symptoms, hit the 14 day reset button and wait as they will shut down before he has to risk his life.

sadly, even after this goes horribly sideways in the next few weeks, the same folks will still be denying it is a problem.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
AL Health & colleges having a presser. Announcing testing plan for college kids, & apps to trace, ck symptoms, & event planning, so will know if more than 10 will be there.
Don't know yet if required for the college kids, but hopefully enough public will buy in to make it useful to the general public.

More info to come.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
AL Health & colleges having a presser. Announcing testing plan for college kids, & apps to trace, ck symptoms, & event planning, so will know if more than 10 will be there.
Don't know yet if required for the college kids, but hopefully enough public will buy in to make it useful to the general public.

More info to come.
I watched the presser so you didn't have to.
  • App GuideSafe - will be in beta testing till August 10th. Anyone with an .edu email can join (up to 20k)
  • HealthCheck app be required for students returning to campus. However exposure notification app is not mandatory but strongly suggested.
  • Testing negative before moving into dorm, or registering for classes is mandatory.
  • Soon to be rolled out to public - later this month,
  • GuideSafe.org/pilot to join beta.
  • Players will be using screening, and testing before games. Talk of using health check for fans to screen & make sure. talk of no fans. most will have low density fan participation.
  • No critical mass for app use participation - but obviously the more the better.
Hopefully they'll be putting out ads to get public buy in.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I hope they figure out what the vulnerabilities are with this disease. I just talked to a client in Montgomery. She, her husband and three kids got it from her son and his wife, who, in turn contracted it, they think, at a restaurant. One child has a compromised immune system and my client and husband are in their 60s. Despite all that, the symptoms were that of a bad cold. The young grandchildren never tested positive...

Reactions: NationalTitles18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.