How are you watching the Tide in 2022?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
So I have to figure out how I'm going to watch all of our games this season. I got spoiled using my brother's account the last few seasons but have to get it for myself this year.

How are ya'll watching it?:unsure:

I know there is Youtube TV, but not sure if there are other (better) options out there.

A little help from my friends? :D

Reactions: Rolltide51

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I tried them all but have stuck with Hulu. At the time I did it, hulu was cheaper. They aren't now. All streaming have gotten as bad as cable now with add-ons and price increases and dropping of channels/networks.

Reactions: CB4

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I tried them all but have stuck with Hulu. At the time I did it, hulu was cheaper. They aren't now. All streaming have gotten as bad as cable now with add-ons and price increases and dropping of channels/networks.
I keep waiting for someone to offer a sports only service, which would include all the ESPNs, the Big Ten Network, NFL Network, the Foxes, and then local channels. Or just a true a al carte option.

I'm sure there is some legal blockade to that even though you can get all of that with Hulu, YouTube, etc. I just have ZERO interest in any other live programming and I'm not paying for it.

It does seem as if the whole streaming thing has simply replaced traditional cable/satellite including all of the frustrations it came with.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I was with Hulu. I had a lot of issues with "buffering" on certain networks. I went with Youtube TV a few months back. I've been fairly pleased with it. Only problem is if you want to stream on more than three devices at once, they charge an additional $15/month for "unlimited devices".

Reactions: TideEngineer08

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I keep waiting for someone to offer a sports only service, which would include all the ESPNs, the Big Ten Network, NFL Network, the Foxes, and then local channels. Or just a true a al carte option.

I'm sure there is some legal blockade to that even though you can get all of that with Hulu, YouTube, etc. I just have ZERO interest in any other live programming and I'm not paying for it.

It does seem as if the whole streaming thing has simply replaced traditional cable/satellite including all of the frustrations it came with.
The only advantage streaming gives you is no contract.

As far as a sports only package, it will never happen. Especially with Sinclair aka Bally, the own all the regional fox sports stuff and they are greedy scum

Last edited:
Reactions: TideEngineer08

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
The only advantage streaming gives you is no contract.

As far as a sports only package, it will never happen. Especially with Sinclair aka Bally, the own all the regional fox sports stuff and they are greedy scum
Not the only advantage. i cut the cord from Dish And got you tube tv. You also get unlimited DVR via cloud. Dish was hardware limited and tended to crash. They sent me 2 faulty devices over a years time. I losr all my recordings and the second time I spent 2 hours on the phone with a person from another country. After he couldn’t fix it over the phone, he said I would have to spend more money to replace the DVR that they provided me. I love YTTV.

• Thank You
Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Not the only advantage. i cut the cord from Dish And got you tube tv. You also get unlimited DVR via cloud. Dish was hardware limited and tended to crash. They sent me 2 faulty devices over a years time. I losr all my recordings and the second time I spent 2 hours on the phone with a person from another country. After he couldn’t fix it over the phone, he said I would have to spend more money to replace the DVR that they provided me. I love YTTV.
Yeah Hulu now has unlimited DVR as well. And it automatically records my favorite sports teams.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I'm gonna be on a cruise ship near Dublin for the Saturday, Sept 4 game against the Warhawks. I assume the 6:30 pm Central Time is set in stone, which will make it a 12:30am kick time for me. We have unlimited wifi so if I can stay awake, I will try to cast it from my phone on the SEC+ app or browser to my room TV if it will allow it. OTW, I'll have to see a recording when I get home. Was hoping for a Jefferson Pilot start time for the first time in my life, haha!

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I'm not paying $65/month just to watch the weekly football game so I will follow it here most likely. Many times during game threads I see only a couple of steps of a play and I'm reading or commenting on a game thread.

Reactions: Redwood Forrest

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I do YoutubeTV and delay starting my watching experience until 60 to 90 minutes after kickoff. Fast forward through commercials and half time, and you get caught up to live within ~15 minutes of the end of game. It's so nice. I can do that even if I'm not at home with YTTV.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
So looking at YTTV and it is $64.99/month.

Will this get me ALL of CFB games or is this a basic package and further add-ons will be required? :unsure:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Yeah Hulu now has unlimited DVR as well. And it automatically records my favorite sports teams.
FYI You guys may know this already but just be aware that the unlimited DVR feature for both YTTV and Hulu only saves recordings for 9 months. On YTTV, if it re-airs anytime during those 9 months, on any channel, it will reset the clock. I'm not sure if that is true for Hulu.

YTTV will also record your favorite teams. I have mine set to record Alabama Football, Basketball and Braves games. Doesn't matter which channel, it finds them and saves them. It was great back when YTTV had the regional sports channels. I would have almost the entire Braves season saved in my cloud DVR.

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
I am on YTTV and will stick with them barring shenanigans on their part.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
ATT Uverse -- works great for me and all I have to do is negotiate every year a monthly fee that is just less than if I had to stream all the major networks, etc. Supposedly they are slowly shutting it down and not adding new subscribers...but they sure haven't done that to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.