How many Auburn players would start on the all-time Bama team?

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Bo and that is it!

Any bias aside, I would argue Bo is THE greatest athlete of my lifetime. He is the only person to be an NFL pro bowler and MLB all-star. And it did not matter what he would have done he would have been the best. His career was cut way too short.
I agree about Bo but I never got to see Jim Brown play but I’ve heard that he would have been the best player at any sport you could have imagined. They say he was and still is the best lacrosse player to ever play at Syracuse. He lettered 10 times in 4 different sports. Would have loved to have seen him play in person.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Daniel Carlson was a better kicker than any of those guys. He was consistent and had more leg. His NFL career hasn't been stellar but he's the only one of them that had an NFL career to speak of.
Two things, one Tiffin was consistent , making 75% of his field goals and 95% of all kicks( he didn't try that many FGs compared to today. ) two, he has a longer kick than Carlson at 57 yards in college vs Texas AM so there goes the leg advantage, Three, He performed under pressure with the 52 yard kick to beat Auburn. Don't think Carlson ever made that big of a pressure kick in college. Summary, I’ll still take Tiffin , may need to beat Auburn again with a 50 yard kick as time expires. If Nick had VT in 2013, Bama likely threepeats

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Bo and that is it!

Any bias aside, I would argue Bo is THE greatest athlete of my lifetime. He is the only person to be an NFL pro bowler and MLB all-star. And it did not matter what he would have done he would have been the best. His career was cut way too short.
First, Bo should never have made the pro bowl, he never once had a thousand yard season. Popularity made him a pro bowler. Second, Derrick Henry gained 75% of the yardage in one NFL season that Bo gained in his entire NFL career. Good thing this is a college discussion.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
I agree about Bo but I never got to see Jim Brown play but I’ve heard that he would have been the best player at any sport you could have imagined. They say he was and still is the best lacrosse player to ever play at Syracuse. He lettered 10 times in 4 different sports. Would have loved to have seen him play in person.
After graduating from Bama got married and went to work in St Louis and while there got to see Jim Brown play when the Browns came to town. Awesome football player, fast, agile, and at round 230 pounds, not much smaller than some of the offensive linemen. For example, Lou Groza, the Browns all-star tackle and placekicker played at about 240. In my opinion Brown could play in today's college football and still star.

Bama1971Stan!

Nov 27, 2023
Bo and that is it!

Greatest athlete there's no doubt, but we're talking starting line up. I can't put any back in over the work horse of DH.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
After graduating from Bama got married and went to work in St Louis and while there got to see Jim Brown play when the Browns came to town. Awesome football player, fast, agile, and at round 230 pounds, not much smaller than some of the offensive linemen. For example, Lou Groza, the Browns all-star tackle and placekicker played at about 240. In my opinion Brown could play in today's college football and still star.
😯 I’m jealous that’s awesome 👏 no doubt he was unbelievable.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
He was a powerful guy built like a small atom bomb. Greath strength and balance and very difficult to knock off his feet. I do believe that Bo Jackson had noticible higher speed but was obviously not as durable as Brown was. Brown dominated the sport in his era. Bo's career tragically ended before we could know just how good he could have become.

Reactions: bama61 and Coach25

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
First, Bo should never have made the pro bowl, he never once had a thousand yard season. Popularity made him a pro bowler. Second, Derrick Henry gained 75% of the yardage in one NFL season that Bo gained in his entire NFL career. Good thing this is a college discussion.
So as a pro, he basically accomplished nothing...😎

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
He was a powerful guy built like a small atom bomb. Greath strength and balance and very difficult to knock off his feet. I do believe that Bo Jackson had noticible higher speed but was obviously not as durable as Brown was. Brown dominated the sport in his era. Bo's career tragically ended before we could know just how good he could have become.
Yep and it’s sad to have his career cut short but Major League Baseball players and coaches have said if he wouldn’t have went back to play football and focused on strictly baseball, he could have went down in history as one of the greats along side Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb etc. I think that is a stretch considering his batting average and all things considered but who knows what he might have become solely focused on just baseball.

Reactions: UAH

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I understand the hatred for our rival, but Bo was the most gifted athlete I ever got to see personally play. He was a freak of an athlete. I’m not saying Henry wouldn’t be my starter at rb, just saying I’d have to think about Bo quite hard.

The funny part is there is no question at Auburn who is their best player in history, but at Alabama there is a much bigger debate on who the best all time alabama player ever. We have had it good boys and the talent we have had over the years and coaching we have had over the years is second to none.
That would be an interesting topic/debate.

For me it's between about 5 players with me trying to be objective and not play favorites.

In no particular order...

Tua
Henry
Smitty
Biscuit
D.T.

Those 5 were 'Cheat Codes' that Broke the game consistently every week that teams had to build an entire game plan around trying to not stop them but limit them.... and they were never successful with those plans because those 5 guys were unstoppable.

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
I would not start him in front of several Bama centers but Tom Banks deserves mention for the Barners. I doubt, that other than a "playground offense" Cam would even be the starter at QB on an all Barner team, I would start Pat Sullivan and Jimmy Sidle in front of him.

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
That dude could even run with a coat full of hand grenades!

BamaBoy25

Scout Team
Mar 1, 2011

For me it's between about 5 players with me trying to be objective and not play favorites.

Tua
Henry
Smitty
Biscuit
D.T.

Those 5 were 'Cheat Codes' that Broke the game consistently every week that teams had to build an entire game plan around trying to not stop them but limit them.... and they were never successful with those plans because those 5 guys were unstoppable.
I have kind of a mixed bag of old as well as a few new. In no particular order…

King Henry
John Hannah
Chris Samuels (Never gave up a sack)
Derrick Thomas (Sorry Lowe)
Julio Jones (what he could have done with Lane or Sark as OC)

When it comes to Tua I wanted to put him there, but Bryce put up just as good of numbers and season and did so with BOB, Tua had Sark. So they are too close for me to pick one over the other.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I have kind of a mixed bag of old as well as a few new. In no particular order…

King Henry
John Hannah
Chris Samuels (Never gave up a sack)
Derrick Thomas (Sorry Lowe)
Julio Jones (what he could have done with Lane or Sark as OC)

When it comes to Tua I wanted to put him there, but Bryce put up just as good of numbers and season and did so with BOB, Tua had Sark. So they are too close for me to pick one over the other.
Jmo but Tua is better than Bryce.

Tua’s Career Comp % YPA and QBR are much higher.

He also threw for more TD’s and less INT’s

Bryce has more yards but that’s because he had like 250-300 more attempts.

Tua has a MUCH better deep pass too.

Love Bryce but I feel that objectively Tua is better.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014

Tua
Henry
Smitty
Biscuit
D.T.

This is like picking between the Mona Lisa, Sistine Chapel, Birth of Venus, The Last Supper, The Starry Night, etc.

I guess I will go with Thomas, but man the list is about 10 or 15 that could go down as the greatest player at Alabama ever.

DT
Julio
Hannah
Henry
Musso
Tua
Cooper
Bryce
DeVonta
Samuels
Lowe
Reichard
Minkah
Ozzie
Anderson
Ingram
B. Jones
Just to name a few…

We have had it so good over the years I kinda feel sorry for other teams… naw on second thought not really 😂
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Jmo but Tua is better than Bryce.

Tua’s Career Comp % YPA and QBR are much higher.

He also threw for more TD’s and less INT’s

Bryce has more yards but that’s because he had like 250-300 more attempts.

Tua has a MUCH better deep pass too.

Love Bryce but I feel that objectively Tua is better.
Im with you about Tua he had the ability to throw people open and quick decisions, but I can see what he is saying with the OC discussions. I was not a huge fan of BOB at the time but would have taken him back last year in a heartbeat 😂

I will also add we had receivers so good that they were playing paper rock scissors for routes.😂

DeVonta
Juedy
Ruggs
Waddle
And Irv Smith as Te….

If I’m not mistaken, that was the team that had Najee as a 3rd option 😂 like just the offensive star power we had those years amazing me.

Anyway…. getting back on topic… Bryce had two great wrs in Metchie and Williamson but unfortunately for us we lost both Metchie and Williams before he could bring home another a championship to us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.