Jaden Rashada suing Billy Napier and others

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I’ve never heard that reported.

But the cynic in me would be surprised if it hasn’t already happened, and just been swept under the rug.
The NFL's version of "Out played my contract" will turn into the college's version of "Out played my NIL deal" so I need more money now or I'm not playing. I legitimately can see that happening as this continues on the same path it is currently going.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
BTW — I don’t believe the numbers floated on Rashada. A HS player being offered more than a lot of NFL draft picks?

I have no doubt he had nice offers. But nothing approaching 8 figures. Just doesn’t pass the smell test.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs and Con

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
haha I don’t have the slightest clue
I'm pretty sure he did not. I have a hard time even believing the kid was offered that much to start with, especially an unproven kid out of high school. How many "stars" in high school don't pan out, and how many, if they actually got that kind of money would just say why bother and not even put the work in.

Reactions: Con

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The NFL's version of "Out played my contract" will turn into the college's version of "Out played my NIL deal" so I need more money now or I'm not playing. I legitimately can see that happening as this continues on the same path it is currently going.
Not just that but college players can just transfer whenever they want to. At least with the NFL, the players have to wait until their contract expires to be a free agent. In college, they can just leave at any time. I'm so done with all of it.

Reactions: Con

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I am so surprised! Imagine a university administration going back on their promises during a recruitment!

As a senior faculty member who has observed several university administrations actions during recruitments, I always advised incoming junior faculty to get everything they were promised in their startup package by the powers that be in writing. If they did not do so, the administration would not lose a moment of sleep when they reneged on their promises. If they got it in writing, the admin would still screw the new faculty member over. But they might lose a minute of sleep while doing so. By getting it in writing, you would have the satisfaction of making them slightly uncomfortable.

I was a full professor at a university in Jefferson County Alabama, which shall remain nameless. I was recruited to another institution. I brought my offer letter from the new institution to my department chair, along with my original signed offer letter from the Jefferson County university, which I had accepted over a decade earlier. I told the chair that I would stay in Jefferson County if the university would honor the terms of my original contract. He sent it up the chain. A few days later, the answer came back that the administration felt "Honoring your contract would not be prudent". I took the other job. The day I was moving my operation out of Jefferson, the VP contacted me and asked to meet urgently. He had seen he amount of grant money I was leaving with and wanted to know what they could to to make me change my mind. I told him I could not believe a word that he said and I was leaving.

It is nice to see someone trying to hold their feet to the fire for once.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Sometimes, I think SCOTUS set fire to college football just to watch it burn. (Comedy, not a political statement)

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Florida media are reporting that this may be a big problem for Sun Belt Billy. Apparently if UF decides he was indeed acting dishonestly here, they have reason to fire him with cause. And given he has a sub 0.500 winning record, his seat was already warm. Having a chance to run an "investigation" and fire him with cause this season if things do not go well may be too big a temptation to pass up. If he beats UGA and wins 10 games, the investigation could just conclude he did nothing wrong. Echoes of Jeremy Pruitt here.

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
Florida media are reporting that this may be a big problem for Sun Belt Billy. Apparently if UF decides he was indeed acting dishonestly here, they have reason to fire him with cause. And given he has a sub 0.500 winning record, his seat was already warm. Having a chance to run an "investigation" and fire him with cause this season if things do not go well may be too big a temptation to pass up. If he beats UGA and wins 10 games, the investigation could just conclude he did nothing wrong. Echoes of Jeremy Pruitt here.
I still believe Mark Stoops would have been a better hire there. Stoops might get his chance if this thing goes sideways for Florida.

Latest threads