Jalen Milroe is now the starter going forward.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
because he was.

If you prefer me to say benched then OK. But he was suspended. There was ZERO chance of him going in that game. NONE. and it was known prior to the game. Call it benched. Call it suspended. And it was because of his reaction to the benching.

For JM and the teams sake. Lets hope he plays well.
the word suspended actually means something. you keep posting that as if it’s true. it’s not

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
LOL, so what is the solution if JM starts throwing more INTs than TDs???

Do you really think because CNS is going back to JM that means he's healed of all of his limitations?

If/when JM struggles, the only option is a game manager.
You can say the same things about any of the quarterbacks. What if Simpson plays and doesn’t move the ball enough to keep up with other offenses. Two interceptions do not equal two in every game. And who's to say Simpson won't throw one or two.

Reactions: GboyBama

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
A week of discussion after Saban announced Milrore the starter, and I’m still so confused. He is so limited. The coaches are bent on not tailoring the offense to his strengths. We have a guy in Simpson who clearly has a higher ceiling, and would seemingly fit better with whatever it appears we are trying to do on offense.

I’m lost. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Especially with these comments from Saban about Milroe not having anything to prove. It really sounds like we are prepared to ride with Milroe, even if he struggles again. I don't get it. If we were going to change our offense for him, that would be one thing. But it's my understanding that if we were going to do that, then we already would have

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
LOL, so what is the solution if JM starts throwing more INTs than TDs???

Do you really think because CNS is going back to JM that means he's healed of all of his limitations?

If/when JM struggles, the only option is a game manager.
I think Ty could be more than that by the end of the season. What he lacks is experience. If he ever gets some of that, he is going to be really good.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
That was only time I was convinced I would have passed better than lame duck Bama QB .. and mind you I have never held football in hand .. sports like cricket tennis but never held a football

:)
Mind you, a heckuva night watchman you must've been bowling that googly that Buchner got his passing motion from!

1695327021933.png

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
To me S

Simpson looks a lot like Coker or AJ when they first started. The difference is we had an o line and defense then.
I agree. I know how disappointed the fans are, but I don't get the narrative here that some have bought into. He is supposed to trust his OLine, and could not. The whole QB dilemma makes more sense now. Drake Maye must be thanking his lucky stars if he ever considered Bama. This wont last forever, and I hope we have seen the last of it. Sick of the subject. But it isnt fair for disappointed fans to insult these boys. But you are right..Our Olines of old were not in this position.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
I agree. I know how disappointed the fans are, but I don't get the narrative here that some have bought into. He is supposed to trust his OLine, and could not. The whole QB dilemma makes more sense now. Drake Maye must be thanking his lucky stars if he ever considered Bama. This wont last forever, and I hope we have seen the last of it. Sick of the subject. But it isnt fair for disappointed fans to insult these boys. But you are right..Our Olines of old were not in this position.
I think our Oline is better than they looked Saturday. Good enough to win the West? Idk. But I think Saturday a was a fluke in some ways. The o line played well enough against MTSU. They didn't against Texaa, but that was.Texas. That's one of.the best D lines we.will.see.all year.. I will be interested in how they play Saturday, because the USF game doesn't really align with the MTSU game. If I had to guess, they are probably somewhere in between really bad and good enough to win the West.

Reactions: Tenntiderman

glorydays1990

Scout Team
May 8, 2018
or you could just stop crap talking our starting qb
stating facts isn’t talking crap.

I’m pulling for the kid. Pulling for him to prove all the naysayers wrong. Hope he goes out and plays like a man possessed on Saturday. I can’t say that enough. I’ll gladly eat all the crow you can put infront of me.

but being factual about a situation isn’t talking crap.

here’s to him having a good one on Saturday. Roll tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And folks, that's "Saban said Thursday afternoon" as in today, not the Thursday before or after the Texas-team-not-Milroe debacle
He may have nothing left to prove as a teammate or leader. Saban did not say that he has nothing left to prove as a QB.

Every player on that team has a lot left to prove, assuming they would like to play on Sundays.

Bamaingeorgia81

Scout Team
Nov 26, 2022
A week of discussion after Saban announced Milrore the starter, and I’m still so confused. He is so limited. The coaches are bent on not tailoring the offense to his strengths. We have a guy in Simpson who clearly has a higher ceiling, and would seemingly fit better with whatever it appears we are trying to do on offense.

I’m lost. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think you are lost because you are one of the few that sees/saw simpson that way. What I saw saturday(against a bad team) and what I heard most everyone nationally saying and what saban apparently saw too was a guy who looked overwhelmed and completely inept.....unable to move off a primary read, unable to pull the trigger, unable to see the field, unable to move the pocket, etc. It was dreadful.

Everyone knew Milroe would be the starter for saturday. And yes, he *is* bad. But saban really had no choice after watching Buchner and Simpson.

Bamaingeorgia81

Scout Team
Nov 26, 2022
at this point I would like to know what Simpson did to "tick players off". that way we know just how fragile some of these guys are. Did he steal someone's girlfriend or did he call out the starting Oline and tell them to step it up? did he tell a wr that he was coasting and not running the route to get open? I wonder just how mentally fragile some of these players are at times. if they can not take anybody questioning them. Like many have said, there just seems to be no fight in this team.
there is no verified basis to the idea that Simpson has "ticked players off", or even that the players don't like Simpson.
Everything that has happened to this point at the qb position for Alabama, and all the decisions saban has made regarding it........are completely logical and easily explained. By common sense and what has happened on the field. One doesn't need to go into far-fetched theories to explain any of it......

• Thank You
Reactions: BamaInBham

Bamaingeorgia81

Scout Team
Nov 26, 2022
Milroe is the man going forward.

Time to get behind him or get out of the way.

Roll Tide Roll!
He may be or he may not be. Maybe he will play even worse than in the texas game and Saban will say "hell this is just too bad I better throw buchner or Simpson in and just see again......."

Since Alabama doesn't appear to have a viable qb right now, we really don't know what will happen or how it will play out.

My suspicion is that one of these guys will have a nice couple qtrs and make a few throws and then most of the board will now proclaim them as "the guy" and the problem has been 'fixed' and neccessary improvements have been made due to x,y,z. When in reality they will still be the same underlying player and a few good throws is......a few good throws.

But that's the nature of boards like these- posters take a few data points and mold them to fit their narrative so that things are satisfactorily explained. Because the answer can't be "just because that's the way it goes sometimes......" and attributed to normal variance. Even though that's often the answer.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I’m not even sure why some are labeling Ty as just a ‘game manager’?

How do we even know what he is yet?

He’s played 2 quarters and 5 mins of meaningful ball on a soaking wet field.

Him being a game manager is probably his floor.

But he also might be another AJM or better.

He displayed a high level of Accuracy and touch with plenty of arm strength on his throws.

Yes he took some sacks but most of them he had like 1.2 secs before he was draped in defenders.

I only really remember 1-2 plays where I thought he held onto the ball excessively long.

But even then that’s better than just throwing the ball right to the dang defenders.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I’m not even sure why some are labeling Ty as just a ‘game manager’?

How do we even know what he is yet?

He’s played 2 quarters and 5 mins of meaningful ball on a soaking wet field.

Him being a game manager is probably his floor.

But he also might be another AJM or better.

He displayed a high level of Accuracy and touch with plenty of arm strength on his throws.

Yes he took some sacks but most of them he had like 1.2 secs before he was draped in defenders.

I only really remember 1-2 plays where I thought he held onto the ball excessively long.

But even then that’s better than just throwing the ball right to the dang defenders.
I was just playing along with that accusation another poster was making when they said "But we don't need a game manager."

The point is if the JM experiment fails, it's Simpson or whoever is up next.

It's possible if Simpson ever gets to play again he'll come out being a gunslinger if he can get some protection, but I suspect he'll have a few games where he'll be expected to do less as he gets a feel for the offense.

But IMO, his ceiling is higher than the proverbial "game manager" label.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads