Jim Harbaugh leads while others...?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I saw Saban’s comments on Facebook. Of course it got some “shut up and coach” comments.
Because the young men on our team aren’t interested in having their coach say something publicly.

Chances are the statement works in multiple ways for Saban - keeping the respect of his players being one. If that’s not a part of coaching...

Reactions: dtgreg and 92tide

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think we need to stop judging people's level of outrage and care for the issue based on if they go to a protest or not.
It's not the only factor in making a comparison of outrage levels but it does make public an agreement with a cause that that person cares about.

Between Saban telling Big Al to put on his damn mask in a video filmed for a public service clip, and now calling for understanding and unity...I wonder when Trump is going to start up with the "he's a short man" insults.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's not the only factor in making a comparison of outrage levels but it does make public an agreement with a cause that that person cares about.

Between Saban telling Big Al to put on his damn mask in a video filmed for a public service clip, and now calling for understanding and unity...I wonder when Trump is going to start up with the "he's a short man" insults.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Trump is afraid of Saban.

Reactions: Chukker Veteran

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Agreed and it will go a long way with Harbaugh's players. It just sounded like the OP was taking a subtle shot at Coach Saban for not doing it. Maybe I read too much into and am probably being influenced by a lot of the moral police on Facebook and other social media who have created their personal criteria of how people should react. Some going as far as basically saying "If you don't do what I do and say what I say about this then you're a racist."

Regardless of this particular issue. I've always had issues with people putting demands on me like "If you don't do this then it means this". I'm a stubborn sort that doesn't respond well when communicated to like that.

Last edited:

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I'm not judging. I stated how I feel. I DO wish it had been our guy. However, everyone has to do what they think is best and make the best decision they can. I can't worry about what folks might infer from my statement. Not sure of Harbaugh's motives but not for me to judge since I don't know. MY coach always says "Your actions speak so loudly I can't hear what you say". My coach has said a lot but I can't really hear him.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Saban and his wife are in their 60s and maybe he doesn’t want to be in a large crowd right now. Or maybe he remembers what happened the last time a big protest happened in the town where he lived.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not judging. I stated how I feel. I DO wish it had been our guy. However, everyone has to do what they think is best and make the best decision they can. I can't worry about what folks might infer from my statement. Not sure of Harbaugh's motives but not for me to judge since I don't know. MY coach always says "Your actions speak so loudly I can't hear what you say". My coach has said a lot but I can't really hear him.
SMH

Reactions: B1GTide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think you'll encounter some cynicism here about his motivation. We still remember his traveling training camps throughout the southeast. It's natural. Remember, it's a Bama site...

Reactions: B1GTide and 92tide

VictorValiant

Jun 6, 2020
Cynicism expected. I'm just offering a different perspective.

I perceived the training camps as a turf war among coaches for talent. Harbaugh wanted more access to more talent and the southern coaches wanted to protect their turf. If you put the competitiveness and logos aside and ask what's best for high school football players, the answer would be to give more kids more exposure to more programs without costly travel expenses. (I don't mean to bring up an old discussion that is now irrelevant.)

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Cynicism expected. I'm just offering a different perspective.

I perceived the training camps as a turf war among coaches for talent. Harbaugh wanted more access to more talent and the southern coaches wanted to protect their turf. If you put the competitiveness and logos aside and ask what's best for high school football players, the answer would be to give more kids more exposure to more programs without costly travel expenses. (I don't mean to bring up an old discussion that is now irrelevant.)
Welcome to TideFans. We already have an Ohio State fan on here, so this should be fun.

Hope to see you on the main board once the season starts. We are pretty tolerant of “outsiders” so you shouldn’t have any problems.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.