Michigan’s Expectations on Defense

landonew

2nd Team
Nov 21, 2023
Noteworthy quotes below followed by link to Article followed by Boxscore of last years cfp appearance.

“You hardly need any form of analysis to tell you the Wolverine defensive line is a scary force for any opponent to have to line up against.”

“With elite playmakers at every corner of the Michigan backfield, Jalen Milroe will face the ultimate test”

IMG_2374.jpeg

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Noteworthy quotes below followed by link to Article followed by Boxscore of last years cfp appearance.

“You hardly need any form of analysis to tell you the Wolverine defensive line is a scary force for any opponent to have to line up against.”

“With elite playmakers at every corner of the Michigan backfield, Jalen Milroe will face the ultimate test”

View attachment 39036
That article is funny.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
UM's numbers this year look a lot like sexat's in 2009 - 75% of them are feasting on cupcakes.

Yes, it's a disciplined defense - and that wins most games against equal or over-matched opponents - but Bama will bring far more talent than anyone has brought onto the field. If Bama plays as they did against UGA, they will MAUL Michigan. Period. End of story. They simply don't have the bodies.

landonew

2nd Team
Nov 21, 2023
The issue I see with Michigan is that they don’t have elite talent at the most critical positions on defense. Below is a comparison of 2024 NFL Draft Picks between Bama Defense and Michigan Defense. Obviously both teams have underclassmen who aren’t eligible, but the talent disparity is pervasive across all recruiting classes and metrics (18 five stars v 2 five stars, #1 ranking on talent composite v #14 ranking on talent composite, 90% blue chip ratio v 54% blue chip ratio, etc.).

Bama Defense - NFL Draft Projections
CB - 1st
CB - 1st
Edge - 1st
Edge - 2nd
Safety - 5th

Michigan Defense NFL Draft Projections
DL - 2nd
S - 3rd
LB - 4th
CB - 5th

Big Bama1966

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 11, 2023

View attachment 39036

You do know it helps when the defense KNOWS what play is coming right??? LOL.......

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Alabama vs Michigan W/L record of opponents in conference and all games.

Alabama
68​
41​
90​
56​
Michigan
62​
56​
80​
75​

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll be honest...I doubted that we could manhandle Georgia in the trenches on both sides of the ball, but we did and we did it convincingly.

My Bama faith has been restored. We went soft for a couple of years, but CNS has solved that problem.

In these big games in the past our talent level and depth gave us a huge advantage and I believe that is back to pre-20-21 levels.

My question would be how did the TOSU defensive line match-up to UM OR a better question would be how might they match up to Georgia OR Alabama?

Reactions: landonew

landonew

2nd Team
Nov 21, 2023
I'll be honest...I doubted that we could manhandle Georgia in the trenches on both sides of the ball, but we did and we did it convincingly.

My Bama faith has been restored. We went soft for a couple of years, but CNS has solved that problem.

In these big games in the past our talent level and depth gave us a huge advantage and I believe that is back to pre-20-21 levels.

My question would be how did the TOSU defensive line match-up to UM OR a better question would be how might they match up to Georgia OR Alabama?
OSU defense has a similar amount of nfl talent as Bama/Georgia. Their second art and Edge rush is very good but perhaps not quite as Elite as Bama.

Attachments

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads