Milroe & Arnold & Hayes doing LANK song

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Didn't we lose, though? I never really had much of an issue with LANK, but I just think this isn't the best look since we lost. If we had won the natty, then by all means, but we didn't even make it to the final game
It's NIL business. They are making money off of it. LANK t-shirts and hats are a big selling item for them and they will make good royalties from the song if successful.

Reactions: jjv0004

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
It's NIL business. They are making money off of it. LANK t-shirts and hats are a big selling item for them and they will make good royalties from the song if successful.
Doesn't matter what it is. It makes us look bad if we're making songs about LANK when we didn't even win the natty. We didn't let any naysayers know lol. This is why Milroe will never be a successful QB. He talks a big game, but instead of learning how to be a QB, he's busy making songs and talking about how we LANKed everyone, even though we didn't

Last edited:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
You know damn well feeding the poor and making a song simply don't compare to each other. One is about helping your community, and the other is about helping yourself. Stop it with the false equivalencies. Jalen Milroe is the worst starting QB Bama has had since Saban became coach, and he should be focusing on being a better football player, not building his brand.
They aren't same...but are equally irrelevant in terms of QB development.

That's what this discussion is about, isn't it...his development as a QB and whether he's using his time effectively in that endeavor?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Everyone can improve at whatever they do. Does seeking to become better at what you do mean that you have to sacrifice every other activity in order to be better at what you do?

Do you do anything other than try to be better at what you do?

And when does one get the opportunity to do other things...when they have reached a state of "enlightenment" in what they do?
ragging on milroe in multiple threads every day is a well known path towards personal growth and excellence

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They aren't same...but are equally irrelevant in terms of QB development.

That's what this discussion is about, isn't it...his development as a QB and whether he's using his time effectively in that endeavor?
Nope, as many others have said, it's not about his use of time.

It's about self promotion and the giving the look of someone who has arrived rather than someone who really needs to do a lot of improving.

That's what a lot of people on this thread are saying.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

It's about self promotion and the giving the look of someone who has arrived rather than someone who really needs to do a lot of improving.

It's not about self promotion IMO. It's about taking advantage of NIL like every D1 player is doing. I would ask why should Jalen not do it when all are doing it?

Reactions: jjv0004

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
It's not about self promotion IMO. It's about taking advantage of NIL like every D1 player is doing. I would ask why should Jalen not do it when all are doing it?
I would question any player who made a song about LANK after losing in the semifinal. Find another way to make money. Imo, all LANK merchandise should have been discontinued after the Michigan loss, and all remaining product burned. We lost, so it turned out to be false. Making a song about LANK now just kind of feels like we're dumbing down the standard. If losing in the first round of the playoffs is "letting the naysayers know", then we're not holding ourselves to the Bama standard anymore. If we're still celebrating LANK, then that tells me we tbink 4th place was good enough for us

Last edited:
  • Emphasis!
Reactions: BamaMoon

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Saying “Give me the Heisman” after a bad overall game vs an Auburn team that won only 6 games, and wanting to say everything under the sun ranging from Bill O’Brien to Michigan cheating Allegations at the Rose Bowl while buying a kiosk to sell LANK merch at the Rose Bowl isn’t self promotion??? I have absolutely no problems with him making money of LANK, I just hate the name and the idea that the team’s whole goal seems more in line with dunking on and engaging with naysayers than winning a national championship. The difference between teams in the Rose Bowl couldn’t have been more clearer of who was a team of warriors and who was a team of talented talkers.

I think there is a happy medium between people who see absolutely nothing wrong with Milroe and those who see nothing right. The problem is that very few want to actually go there to have a real conversation. JM is an insanely talented player but he has trouble reading defenses and keeping his emotions in check. Is there a quarterback on the roster that is a better option? I don’t know and no one on this board truly knows. The situation is what it is. But at the same time, Milroe is a paid athlete that has no problem talking smack. So it’s fair to bring into question certain aspects and goals behind the creation of LANK.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Saying “Give me the Heisman” after a bad overall game vs an Auburn team that won only 6 games, and wanting to say everything under the sun ranging from Bill O’Brien to Michigan cheating Allegations at the Rose Bowl while buying a kiosk to sell LANK merch at the Rose Bowl isn’t self promotion??? I have absolutely no problems with him making money of LANK, I just hate the name and the idea that the team’s whole goal seems more in line with dunking on and engaging with naysayers than winning a national championship. The difference between teams in the Rose Bowl couldn’t have been more clearer of who was a team of warriors and who was a team of talented talkers.

I think there is a happy medium between people who see absolutely nothing wrong with Milroe and those who see nothing right. The problem is that very few want to actually go there to have a real conversation. JM is an insanely talented player but he has trouble reading defenses and keeping his emotions in check. Is there a quarterback on the roster that is a better option? I don’t know and no one on this board truly knows. The situation is what it is. But at the same time, Milroe is a paid athlete that has no problem talking smack. So it’s fair to bring into question certain aspects and goals behind the creation of LANK.
People don’t wanna hear this, but it’s 100% true.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

And there are also people posting here about how he should be spending more time getting better at QB than spending time making music.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

What constitutes in your mind achievement sufficient for a college QB to have "arrived"?

Does that require winning a NC or a Heisman?

I'm not really sure what you or others expect from him.

I don't like braggadocio and posturing and all that kind of stuff.

The fact I don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong or detrimental.

I said the moment I heard it last year that LANK is stupid...but I'm 54 years old.

I have no idea if that's cool or not with younger people...and I have 3 of them living with me right now.

Reactions: TiderJack

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If I'm not mistaken, the guy made $337,000 in NIL money last season. That's more money than some people make in five years. But Jalen and the rest of these kids are going to fall into the same trap that adults do when it comes to money. "More" is never enough and they end up chasing it at all costs, even to the detriment of the "thing" that got them the money.

Reactions: Con and jjv0004

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I shudder to even think about how stupid the song is if it's about LANK.
I'm not going to blast the song until I hear it. I don't mind Walker Hayes and I enjoy Fancy Like and Fancy Like Christmas. Both are fun songs IMO and you probably heard some of Fancy Like in Applebee's commercials a few years ago.

Song or no song, I just don't want to hear about LANK all year again. If it had worked last year then let it ride but, we lost. LANK did nothing when it really mattered. Why continue to use the term, the naysayers were proven right in the end.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
If I'm not mistaken, the guy made $337,000 in NIL money last season. That's more money than some people make in five years. But Jalen and the rest of these kids are going to fall into the same trap that adults do when it comes to money. "More" is never enough and they end up chasing it at all costs, even to the detriment of the "thing" that got them the money.

IF he has no future as a QB at the next level and IF he has no plans to change positions to possibly have a future in the NFL, then he probably has to cash in now and his main priority may be making as much money as he can before his football career is over.

And on another note, if he were willing to consider a position change for an NFL future, what would that be? He's too short to be a tight end. RB, WR, DB? Is FB even a thing anymore? I know that Michael Robinson made the switch from college QB to NFL FB, but I'm not sure how many teams even use an actual FB anymore, seems like that role is filled by a TE these days.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
IF he has no future as a QB at the next level and IF he has no plans to change positions to possibly have a future in the NFL, then he probably has to cash in now and his main priority may be making as much money as he can before his football career is over.

And on another note, if he were willing to consider a position change for an NFL future, what would that be? He's too short to be a tight end. RB, WR, DB? Is FB even a thing anymore? I know that Michael Robinson made the switch from college QB to NFL FB, but I'm not sure how many teams even use an actual FB anymore, seems like that role is filled by a TE these days.
Do you think that is his mindset? I don't think it is. I think just like the overwhelming majority of these kids who now have access to make a lot of money, they are becoming more and more distracted by it. The guy better ball out because if he doesn't, you can guarantee the "LANK" stuff, the public appearances at the NFL draft, Nascar events etc. will be publicly thrown in his face about as hard as an MLB 98 mph fastball.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
Do you think that is his mindset? I don't think it is. I think just like the overwhelming majority of these kids who now have access to make a lot of money, they are becoming more and more distracted by it. The guy better ball out because if he doesn't, you can guarantee the "LANK" stuff, the public appearances at the NFL draft, Nascar events etc. will be publicly thrown in his face about as hard as an MLB 98 mph fastball.
There's no way that's his mindset because he has bought into the media hype. It's clear by his words and actions that he thinks he's just the greatest. No doubt he thinks he will be the #1 pick

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
With all due respect, how does anybody know this? I'm sorry, but this is another fact-less declaration normally reserved for members of a hated rival, not one of our own.

There's no way that's his mindset because he has bought into the media hype. It's clear by his words and actions that he thinks he's just the greatest. No doubt he thinks he will be the #1 pick

Latest threads