News Article: North Korea launches 4 more missiles; 3 land in Japanese waters

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
When I was in high school I had a summer job at a textile plant. I did all the outdoor landscaping mainly but was attached to the machine shop so would do odd jobs for them, picking up parts from town, painting barriers, etc. One day I was reorganizing the supply room and found a whole bunch of machine parts stamped "Made in West Germany". I remember thinking we had some really old machines lol.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Washington (CNN)North Korea claims to have successfully tested a new type of intercontinental ballistic missile, topped with a "super-large heavy warhead," which is capable of striking the US mainland.
The launch was the first since September, and came despite repeated warnings from President Donald Trump who told reporters at the White House after the launch that the US "will handle" the situation.
"We will take care of it," the President said.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/28/politics/north-korea-missile-launch/index.html
Not to worry, Trump will take care of it (just like those before him)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley said China must stop exporting crude to North Korea, or "we can take the oil situation into our own hands."
The only way this could happen is with direct unilateral military action. If this doesn't concern everybody it should. This means that if China doesn't cut off oil shipments to N Korea, we will cut off the Chinese oil shipments to NK. Trump said after he talked to Xi that they (China) would announce new the sanctions yesterday. So far nothing.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
'Drop It on Their Heads': StratCom's Launch-Phase Missile Defense Plan
Sounds horribly expensive, but if we shot down few missiles shortly after take-off and they crashed in North Korea, they would probably learn to stop launching.
After visiting Beijing and touring around the Tiananmen square area I came away feeling that the Chinese Army was one that we did not want to engage with in any type of land warfare. It is difficult to see us having adequate reach with our navy to impact their interaction with NK in any type of a sustainable fashion and we do not have the forces to confront them on the ground in Asia. In terms of nuclear weapons it is difficult to see China standing by while a nuclear confrontation occurs on their border. It appears that in that case we have a Mutually Assured Destruction situation versus China.

I understand that China will avoid at practically any cost having millions of starving North Korean refugees fleeing across their border hence them supplying some basic human requirements to NK.

The mystery to me however is...understanding China's longer term (20 + year) ambitions to displace the US as the most powerful country on earth, why would they allow a small rogue nation on their border become an unstable nuclear power?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
After visiting Beijing and touring around the Tiananmen square area I came away feeling that the Chinese Army was one that we did not want to engage with in any type of land warfare. It is difficult to see us having adequate reach with our navy to impact their interaction with NK in any type of a sustainable fashion and we do not have the forces to confront them on the ground in Asia. In terms of nuclear weapons it is difficult to see China standing by while a nuclear confrontation occurs on their border. It appears that in that case we have a Mutually Assured Destruction situation versus China.

I understand that China will avoid at practically any cost having millions of starving North Korean refugees fleeing across their border hence them supplying some basic human requirements to NK.

The mystery to me however is...understanding China's longer term (20 + year) ambitions to displace the US as the most powerful country on earth, why would they allow a small rogue nation on their border become an unstable nuclear power?
They don't know what to do. The NKs have them over the barrel just as much as they do us...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
They don't know what to do. The NKs have them over the barrel just as much as they do us...
It would be sort of refreshing if Xi called rocket boy to Beijing and told him, "You're going to play by my rules or I'm going to shoot you in the head before you leave and your sister will be in charge."

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
WASHINGTON — North Korea is moving ahead with its ballistic missile program at 16 hidden bases that have been identified in new commercial satellite images, a network long known to American intelligence agencies but left undiscussed as President Trump claims to have neutralized the North’s nuclear threat.
The satellite images suggest that the North has been engaged in a great deception: It has offered to dismantle a major launching site — a step it began, then halted — while continuing to make improvements at more than a dozen others that would bolster launches of conventional and nuclear warheads.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/us/politics/north-korea-missile-bases.html

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
South Korea —
A day after two North Korean missile launches rattled Asia, the nation announced Friday that it had tested a "new-type tactical guided weapon" that was meant to be a "solemn warning" about South Korean weapons development and its rival's plans to hold military exercises.
The message in the country's state media quoted North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and was directed at "South Korean military warmongers." It comes as U.S. and North Korean officials struggle to set up talks after a recent meeting on the Korean border between Kim and U.S. President Donald Trump seemed to provide a step forward in stalled nuclear negotiations.
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/nort...mZtB8vZjz97A26Jd1pwLuvcXm7JmMK3ApNqNFg637ChCY

Looks like the NK mess will again be left for the next administration and they will probably leave it for the next . . .

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Again, 2 more. That's 3 incidents in the last week. Its ok however with our unfit leader because they seem to be short range (ask S Korea and Japan, our allies, how they feel), but in violation of UN.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I honestly don't see how this is our problem - let the UN handle it.

I'm tired of the US being 95% of the UN.

IOW, don't blame the POTUS for inaction if all the weak countries that rely on the US for their defense won't lift a finger to do anything.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I honestly don't see how this is our problem - let the UN handle it.

I'm tired of the US being 95% of the UN.

IOW, don't blame the POTUS for inaction if all the weak countries that rely on the US for their defense won't lift a finger to do anything.
Kim testing ways to deliver his nukes is our problem.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.