OC and DC replacement discussion

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I honestly don't know. But I honestly can't remember how long of a time existed in between the leaving and arriving of other coordinators. Does anyone remember? @selmaborntidefan?

I know that our culture expects things to happen instantly. In general, we aren't patient. Multiply this times 1000 for TideFans.

We wanted to know yesterday!!!
Most recently there was a 9 day gap between Sark and BoB and a month gap from Pruitt to Golding/Lupoi

I guess it could be 10 to 30 days

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I know I said I would add my apology to my signature but I have decided to wait and see who the replacements are. If they are worse, I will not apologize for doubting the old coordinators were leaving

• Haha
Reactions: BamaMoon

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I'd not be surprised if we know something just after signing day. That would be my guess.

But I also wouldn't be shocked if we didn't hear anything regarding OC until after the Superb Owl (Feb 12th).
IMO, I think signing day has something to do with the delays. I'm not sure who we're in on that is still deciding, but CNS has always made his thoughts clear about folks leaving for other stops in the middle of the cycle. That being said, I think he also realizes this because of this, the optics may look bad on us for doing the same. FTR, I'm just guessing. RTR

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I honestly don't know. But I honestly can't remember how long of a time existed in between the leaving and arriving of other coordinators. Does anyone remember? @selmaborntidefan?

I know that our culture expects things to happen instantly. In general, we aren't patient. Multiply this times 1000 for TideFans.

I don't but it's mostly because I don't pay any attention to it. It's like recruiting - doesn't matter who we sign, it matters who starts later.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I'm willing to wait until September as long as Coach Saban gets the guy he wants.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Wanna know why I pay ZERO attention to recruiting?

Because "Billy Ray gone come to Alabama and set AAAAWWWLLL de records..."

He went 7 of 13 for 40 yards, 0 TDs, and an INT and transferred to Duke.

I've never paid ANY attention to recruiting since then. Too many "this guy is the next so-and-so" who wind up being the next "well, he could have been but his head wasn't in the game."

(I'll grant recruiting is far more refined with far fewer misses now than used to happen - but it's still an imprecise science and why waste time getting excited over some guy who may never play a single snap).

I'm not judging y'all who keep up with it, to each his or her own - I just don't pay it no never mind.

(Bo Jackson was actually Auburn's #2 choice when they recruited him btw; it happens).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.