Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama @ Vols...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Imagine Alabama yesterday without Bryce Young. It would have been an embarrassment.
I thought the same. We would have been run out of the stadium. Doubt we would've scored 10 points.

I've said it already, but the offense is BY making lemonade out of lemons.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My final thoughts on the game. I'm glad I didn't post last night.

The defense game planning for Tennessee was terrible. The fact Saban helped with planning and we still gave up 52 points... All were off Hellams. We did not adjust to that. WE were slow in adjusting and Saban and Golding got outcoached. Both of the coaches needs to have a come to Jesus moment today and tomorrow about how to scheme against offense similar to Tennessee. The sad part was that... We easily win by 20 points had Defense played better.

BOB- He called terrible game and Young covered up BOB's mistakes. I heard chatter that Young has more control of calling plays. Not sure if that's true. Lot of respect to guys on field for never giving up and fighting hard to the end.

Referees- they were terrible. I have never seen a group of Referees calling a bad game like they did.. then I remember they did that against Auburn and Arkansas. The crew have long history of calling terrible game.. and The PI was a bad call, especiallly when it was well after the return, and the fact they had botched many of the calls in the game. SEC office probably has to take long hard look at the game and realize it was just terrible efforts.

Am I upset? yes. Am I angry? yes. But guess what? AT the end of the day, it's just another football game that kids get to play. I believe Saban will addres the issues with the coaches and players... I believe we will murder Mississippi state this saturday so bad that teams will fear playing Bama again.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My final thoughts on the game. I'm glad I didn't post last night.

The defense game planning for Tennessee was terrible. The fact Saban helped with planning and we still gave up 52 points... All were off Hellams. We did not adjust to that. WE were slow in adjusting and Saban and Golding got outcoached. Both of the coaches needs to have a come to Jesus moment today and tomorrow about how to scheme against offense similar to Tennessee. The sad part was that... We easily win by 20 points had Defense played better.

BOB- He called terrible game and Young covered up BOB's mistakes. I heard chatter that Young has more control of calling plays. Not sure if that's true. Lot of respect to guys on field for never giving up and fighting hard to the end.

Referees- they were terrible. I have never seen a group of Referees calling a bad game like they did.. then I remember they did that against Auburn and Arkansas. The crew have long history of calling terrible game.. and The PI was a bad call, especiallly when it was well after the return, and the fact they had botched many of the calls in the game. SEC office probably has to take long hard look at the game and realize it was just terrible efforts.

Am I upset? yes. Am I angry? yes. But guess what? AT the end of the day, it's just another football game that kids get to play. I believe Saban will addres the issues with the coaches and players... I believe we will murder Mississippi state this saturday so bad that teams will fear playing Bama again.
All of us know that Hellams likes to break on the WR's first move -- and is open to being beat deep. Evidently UT knew it as well...I'm up for starting Storey at Safety...couldn't be worse.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Camera was on Hooker before the game with the head refs arm around him telling him something in his ear hole. Was probably nothing right?

My first thought when I saw it was....something doesn't feel right about that. And then we had all those questionable calls and no calls and the alarm bells are still ringing....something just didn't feel right today.

May have just been the defensive adjustments or lack thereof that made me sick, meh.
Got a pic of that? Totally missed it...😳

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
The safety position has to change, much like Saban changed the prototype middle linebacker in his system. The time has come for change again.
The old prototype inside LBs were at least able to stop the run, even if they got burned on the pass. Now they’re getting burned on both.

Reactions: dvldog

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I realize the outside perception is that we are all delusional BAMA fans, but with arguably one of the worst secondaries in college football, statistically speaking not making a personal attack or criticizing, that they pretty much played man a majority of the time, blitzing often, and they had 1 pass interference and 1 holding call? We had 2 on their tying drive at pivitol times key 3rd and 4th down incomplete passes, one rather late call not even by the ref watching the play.

Also, they had zero face masks, hands to the face, late hits, and I am not sure but I do not recall them having any offensive holding calls? Does anyone have a breakdown of their 5 penalties, points in the game etc? RTR
Now that I think about, CBS didn't show a single one of the " block in back" infractions that we got on those kick returns.

Normally, they do...🤔

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
they sure showed the interference in the end zone over and over again while gary tried to say it should have been on us
I’ve always been a minor Gary apologist. I don’t like him necessarily, but I’ve never gotten the whole “Gary’s rooting against us!” point of view. The fact that every fan base has that opinion of him tells me he’s actually pretty balanced in his analysis.

Yesterday though… I’d have punched him in the mouth through my TV set if I could have. It was so biased of a broadcast that for a second I thought they were patching in the UT radio team.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.