Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. Ole Miss...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Who said he needs to retire? In the days of NIL and the transfer portal, the “master motivator” may turn into “another old man yelling at me”. Saban‘s new attitude may be just what the team needs; I dunno. But it’s clear that he shrugs at stuff that used to drive him crazy. That’s all I’m commenting on.
At least he's not Woody Hayes...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I bet not many on here know what you are talking about. I was watching that game! The Clemson kid was pretty cool about it. Woody was something else🙄
I remember they interviewed the Clemson player. I remember him saying he was literally “stunned” by it. He didn’t initially didn’t know what was happening. When he realized it was the opposing head coach punching he just “froze”.

Reactions: Padreruf

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I actually have a certificate of completion for a body language class I took on a work conference about 5 years ago. Absolutely fascinating class.

I'm accepting all submissions of body language interpretation through Tuesday. I gladly accept Venmo payments and beer. 😁 🍻
I took a couple of FBI body language classes. I loved them.
I rate them right up there with the FBI Statement and Anylisis type classes. I loved classes on Interperting Interviews.
In my job, people lied to me every week. This was a fast way to learn skills of what people say, VS what their body says.

Reactions: seebell

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Never had any classes, but I have always thought Saban standing with his arms crossed against his chest looked like a moment of insecurity. Sort of protective against what is gong on around him.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I do not think that Hayes hurt Baumann. a 70 year old man could not hit a guy wearing football pads hard enough to hurt him.
Saturday Night Live did an interview with "Woody Hayes" (played by John Belushi). He and "Mrs. Hayes" were playing chess during the interview. When Mrs. Hayes said, "Checkmate," Belushi lunged across the table and started punching Mrs. Hayes. Pretty funny.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I started to post that all you get there is insight into the personalities of the members. One hopes that it's their dark sides. :) I hear Steele getting all the credit, when Lane has already told us it's Robinson... :)
How anyone has the nerve to criticize someone else’s defense when he’s sitting there with Golding is beyond me, anyway.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Wanna see all of them going like Booker here:

I believe it was Brysnt that would tell his offensive lineman “When the play is over, reach down and help that defensive player to his feet. We don’t want them laying on the ground too long and resting. Oh and by the way, make sure you tell them “I’ll be right back….””

That must be Booker’s way of saying “I’ll be right back…..”.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Never had any classes, but I have always thought Saban standing with his arms crossed against his chest looked like a moment of insecurity. Sort of protective against what is gong on around him.
Most of the classes I took seem to think the crossed arms is a shielding movement. Guarding what they say, or want to say. They are holding something back or not telling all. I expect with Coach Saban he is not telling everything he knows.
The movements are not a 'Tell All', some people use the shield nearly all the time. The solution is to watch and listen to them and see if the Shield suddenly goes up, or does it all the time. It'a like a Polygraph examiner asking several questions to check the response, before he ask the 'Got You Question'.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Most of the classes I took seem to think the crossed arms is a shielding movement. Guarding what they say, or want to say. They are holding something back or not telling all. I expect with Coach Saban he is not telling everything he knows.
The movements are not a 'Tell All', some people use the shield nearly all the time. The solution is to watch and listen to them and see if the Shield suddenly goes up, or does it all the time. It'a like a Polygraph examiner asking several questions to check the response, before he ask the 'Got You Question'.
May be true BUT don't buy into that fully. I was once called into a new Boss's office. He knew I had ran lots of Projects and had authorization to travel on my own. He didn't want that. So he calls me in to explain his superiority. There was even a chair positioned in front of his dry marker board which was there FOR me. So I sat down as he began to explain the existence of 'the wheel and what it has done for mankind'. I wondered if he actually thought I didn't know these charts. Then he stopped..put down the marker..and tells me that he doesn t like my body language. Why? I was listening...nodding...but I had my arms folded. He pointed it out to me and asked me about it. I told him that it is something I do when I have to sit in a chair with no armrests. He was fresh out of one of those body language seminars. So I will do my own assessments there.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads