Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. Ole Miss...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I was exhausted after the game ... literally. Started watching ND/tOSU and decided to just go to bed so I haven't re-watched our game yet.

Is it possible that Milroe overthrew his intended receiver rather than trying to hit the guy in the end zone when the ball was intercepted?
I’m afraid not. In fact, and this is going to sound crazy, I think it’s possible he lost the DB in the white paint of the end zone lettering. White jersey, lights colored pants, sunny day, against white paint (I think the DB was standing on a white letter in the end zone).

Either way I just don’t think he even saw him. And he flat out didn’t recognize 3 was open and had a waltz into the end zone. But all in all, he’s improved since Texas. Hopefully he continues to improve.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
I’m afraid not. In fact, and this is going to sound crazy, I think it’s possible he lost the DB in the white paint of the end zone lettering. White jersey, lights colored pants, sunny day, against white paint (I think the DB was standing on a white letter in the end zone).

Either way I just don’t think he even saw him. And he flat out didn’t recognize 3 was open and had a waltz into the end zone. But all in all, he’s improved since Texas. Hopefully he continues to improve.
That is the difference between running a football play and reading the defense. It was a smash route. It is designed to put the cb in conflict. Spurrier almost ruined the 92 season running that exact same play. We got the win vs LSU in the national cgampionship game running that all night long. Totally worked over "Honey Badger" running that. One of the most basic routes in all of football and HE COULDN'T READ IT.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I wonder if they have ever checked Milroe’s vision. It just seems he has tunnel vision. It is like he doesn’t see the DBs close to a receiver.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
5 years ago if you showed him that play so soon after the game, he would of still blown a gasket.
If you watched him after the hold by Burton, that negated the TD, he wasn't even mad. He even sort of glad handed Burton when he came off the field. The old Saban would have thrown down his headset and would have been screaming and yelling when Burton came off the field. I miss that guy.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Any word on Lawson’s injury?

He didn’t look so bad walking from the tent to the locker room, but I don’t think he played in the second half.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Even if not a sneak, hand off from under center. Snaps have been too wild to go gun in that situation
I expect that is what we see from here on out. Hope so anyway. Too big a risk to do otherwise. Our Center is having some issues. Would be interesting to hear his thoughts on that. I know he has picked up some weight. Maybe he has some stance changes? Something is different.

Reactions: herri026

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Who said he needs to retire? In the days of NIL and the transfer portal, the “master motivator” may turn into “another old man yelling at me”. Saban‘s new attitude may be just what the team needs; I dunno. But it’s clear that he shrugs at stuff that used to drive him crazy. That’s all I’m commenting on.
I’m 53 and I shrug off stuff that would have sent me over the edge 20 years ago.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
From where I sat some observations:
1. We played hard and played together...not perfect, but together.
2. This team is learning what it takes to win in effort and execution. They depended on superstars the last few years, especially offensively. TR called a really good game. The OL finally came together.
3. Except for one play in the 1st half -- QB draw -- KS called a great game. No way you leave the middle open. I'll give them the 4th down pass late -- great play call by LK.
4. We played a lot of people -- on both sides of the ball -- especially in the lines. I thought #30 -- Jihaad Campbell -- played fantastic in replacing #32 -- Deontae Lawson. Tim Keenan III kept showing up on the DL. Many, many others played well and hard.
5. Scoring is down across the board in big games as teams are going back to more running attacks to maintain ball control and shorten the game.
6. There are no perfect teams, offensively or defensively -- all have weaknesses, although Oregon did not show many yesterday.
7. The OSU/ND game was a classic...I actually watched it to the end -- which was late over here in EDT.

Enough of my rambling...TF does a lot to promote mental health as we can get it off our chests, so to speak.
The QB thing has beset me with Drain Bamage😣 But I think I mill wake it.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I’m 53 and I shrug off stuff that would have sent me over the edge 20 years ago.
While I absolutely see the need for discipline, sometimes it’s not worth blowing a gasket. Sometimes there are other, better ways of dealing with it.

I can remember people being upset with Saban over his anger with players and reporters alike. I’m talking about Alabama fans and even folks on Tidefans.

It’s not that I don’t miss “angry Saban.” I do in some ways. What I really miss is the discipline. But it doesn’t take the anger to accomplish it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Con and BamaInBham

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
That is the difference between running a football play and reading the defense. It was a smash route. It is designed to put the cb in conflict. Spurrier almost ruined the 92 season running that exact same play. We got the win vs LSU in the national cgampionship game running that all night long. Totally worked over "Honey Badger" running that. One of the most basic routes in all of football and HE COULDN'T READ IT.
I get what you are saying, but lighten up a little. Kids learning, and he is what we have. Smash is a concept more than a route. And yes designed to put the DB’s in conflict. Most is based off the pre snap read. If you are going to throw the corner route, you can’t be late , it has to be 1, 2, 3, balls gone. Otherwise the receiver runs out of room and the defense has time to recover.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I had same thought. I watched the replay and I really think he just lost the DB. He might need to wear glasses going forward.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I literally haven't watched one snap of a UGA game, but I have noticed on the scrolling marquee of scores they seem to have struggled scoring points in the first half. Is the new QB struggling?
Very much so. UGA fans say that it's because they are "playing down to the level of competition" but it appears to be more than that. They're still good, but just good, definitely not special. Their game vs South Carolina told a lot