News Article: Stay Classy Coach Prime (and son)

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I think when it’s all said and done the Henry kid is going to look back and realize that he was nothing but a pawn in Prime’s plan to promote his son. Henry was likely sold on being developed at CBby one of the best to ever do it….while also racking up stats at WR. Of course Deion will let the kid play offense, that’s probably why Deion really wanted the kid to begin with; a target for his son. I’m not going to surprised if this kid struggles in the NFL because he hasn’t been really developed at CB….then you wonder how all that mileage that he racked up in college by playing both ways will affect his NFL career. I’m really starting to think that this kid is getting played by the Sanders crew.

Reactions: rolltide7854

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I didn't watch any Colorado games last year. But I don't recall a time when the quarterback from a 4 - 8 team was rated the number one quarterback for the next NFL draft, with a whole season to be played. Was Shedeuer that good losing 8 games?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I didn't watch any Colorado games last year. But I don't recall a time when the quarterback from a 4 - 8 team was rated the number one quarterback for the next NFL draft, with a whole season to be played. Was Shedeuer that good losing 8 games?
Daddy padded his stats those first 3-4 games…numbers were crazy good…then he met competition…

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Deion is a charlatan, plain and simple
I think he showed that it was all about him when, only three seasons after saying that he wanted to coach at an HBCU to raise the profile of that level, he bolted for a bigger, better-paying job.

It's not like he needed the extra money.

If he actually cared about the state of HBCU athletics, he would have stuck around longer than three seasons.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t know what he was rated but Stanford went 4-7 in John Elway’s junior year.

Reactions: Ledsteplin

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Well then. Although a rare occurrence, it does happen. Having not watched him play at all, makes it difficult to get any feel on him as a quarterback.
Yes, it is rare and I wasn’t trying argue with you, just saying it has happened. But the other occurrence was 40 years ago and involved a GOAT level QB. I don’t think the Colorado guy is quite there yet.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As long as he improves from the 4-8, this social media tomfoolery will be tolerated. But if they have a worse record this year his seat will immediately get smoking hot.
I don’t know (nor do I care) how they will do. The last time I cared about a Colorado football game was the 1991 Blockbuster Bowl.

That said, I think his persona can carry him through a couple more bad seasons. Colorado hasn’t been very good other than the run they had with the super-religious coach whose daughter got knocked up by the quarterback who died. So they are used to sucking.

But if he isn’t competing for the B12 title by his fourth season I think he’s in trouble.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Yes, it is rare and I wasn’t trying argue with you, just saying it has happened. But the other occurrence was 40 years ago and involved a GOAT level QB. I don’t think the Colorado guy is quite there yet.
I know you weren't. I was just ignorant about the young man. And I didn't know about Elway.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I don’t know (nor do I care) how they will do. The last time I cared about a Colorado football game was the 1991 Blockbuster Bowl.

That said, I think his persona can carry him through a couple more bad seasons. Colorado hasn’t been very good other than the run they had with the super-religious coach whose daughter got knocked up by the quarterback who died. So they are used to sucking.

But if he isn’t competing for the B12 title by his fourth season I think he’s in trouble.
I saw that logo in the thread about David Palmer.

I still have my Blockbuster card in my work desk.

I miss Blockbuster and the pre-internet/cellphone days.

*I have to stop starting replies and then replying to another post because it sends a reply to two posts and doesn't make any sense at all.

Last edited:

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
Am I the only one who feels like Coach D has turned his coaching career into a College version of DAD Coached PeeWee Football or Little League Baseball? Does anyone really expect him to still be coaching Colorado when the boys have finally moved on?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Am I the only one who feels like Coach D has turned his coaching career into a College version of DAD Coached PeeWee Football or Little League Baseball? Does anyone really expect him to still be coaching Colorado when the boys have finally moved on?
I respect that he wants to be with his sons and pave the best path for them, but the way he's gone about it is quite strange.

Reactions: The Ols