Video: Vintage Bama from 2017 (ha!) - Bama vs Vandy - 2017 Highlights

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This highlight vid popped up when I logged into Youtube.

My only reason for sharing it -- start looking at the names of the players, as the game proceeds...

Our RB Room
1. Damian Harris
2. Bo Scarborough
3. Najee Harris
4. Josh Jacobs
5. Brian Robinson

Our WR
1. Calvin Ridley
2. Cam Sims
3. Jerry Jeudy
4. DeVonta Smith
5. Henry Ruggs

Our QBs
1. Jalen Hurts
2. Tua
3. Mac Jones

And that's just the skill players....LOL

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
This was followed up by a 66-3 win over ole miss. It was an obnoxious 8:00pm kick off. Glad for the the blow out but it felt like the game was never going to end.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

My only reason for sharing it -- start looking at the names of the players, as the game proceeds...

Our RB Room
1. Damian Harris
2. Bo Scarborough
3. Najee Harris
4. Josh Jacobs
5. Brian Robinson

Our WR
1. Calvin Ridley
2. Cam Sims
3. Jerry Jeudy
4. DeVonta Smith
5. Henry Ruggs

Our QBs
1. Jalen Hurts
2. Tua
3. Mac Jones

I re-watch all those old games. Interesting to compare the game today versus the 1970s or 1980s

Reactions: Tide Rev

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Every August, I rewatch last year's games, especially with an eye on underclassmen who played.
One observation in the Arkansas game, Bryce, for Pete's sake, when you are getting sacked, do not risk injury to throw the ball away when it is 3rd and 6 and you are three yards from the line of scrimmage. That play saved Alabama three useless yards, but cost the team the services of an NFL caliber QB for the rest of the season. I do not think Bryce was fully back until the bowl game. I know you can't play scared, but I wish players, especially QBs, would protect themselves a little more. Bryce should have just taken the sack and Bama punted. Instead, he fell on his right side with his right arm over his head, damaging (I think) his rotator cuff. Bummer.

Against A&M, Jalen Milroe, young man, ball security, please! If Bama does not repeatedly hand the Aggies the ball, Bama wins in a blowout. If there is a reason Milroe does not start in September, I think that will be it. You can't trust him to secure the ball. He is inconsistent in throwing, amazing running the ball, and faster'n greased lightning, but man, he needs to discipline himself about ball security.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn

Our RB Room
1. Damian Harris
2. Bo Scarborough
3. Najee Harris
4. Josh Jacobs
5. Brian Robinson

Our WR
1. Calvin Ridley
2. Cam Sims
3. Jerry Jeudy
4. DeVonta Smith
5. Henry Ruggs

Our QBs
1. Jalen Hurts
2. Tua
3. Mac Jones

And all of those guys are still playing in the NFL or have played in the NFL, unbelievable!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Watching the Tennessee game. 17 Alabama penalties (so far). Grossly undisciplined Alabama team.
The Bama defense strikes me as being as weak and soft as I have seen a Saban defense, but it seems Gol*ing was confusing the defense so the back seven played tentatively.
As usual in games Bama loses, players took turns making mistakes. On 3rd and short, one O-lineman would fast start. Next play, the QB would hit the receiver in the hands for what would be a first down, but the receiver would drop the ball. Next play, a long pass for a TD, but an O-lineman would hold, then the kicker would miss a FG, etc., etc. A collective poor effort.

Latest threads