Your window on the world?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Carolina Wren nest in one of my hanging baskets. Mama standing by giving me hell while I was watering my plants (not that one). Pair of Cardinals also showed up to see what all the shouting was about......

View attachment 42089
View attachment 42090

View attachment 42091

View attachment 42092
I have a small bird nesting in a planter which contains a hydrangea. S/he fusses at us when we water -- will go to the eave and chirp at us. We can find no nest or eggs, but I really don't go in too far at the risk of disturbing her nest. Could s/he be nesting in the soil?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I have a small bird nesting in a planter which contains a hydrangea. S/he fusses at us when we water -- will go to the eave and chirp at us. We can find no nest or eggs, but I really don't go in too far at the risk of disturbing her nest. Could s/he be nesting in the soil?
I doubt it....probably further in than you probed....and agree best to refrain from any further disruption.

I think I'll set up one of my trail cameras by mine so I can get some film on the activities without being a pest!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Shot this yesterday as I was passing by in my truck. One of the new homes being built down the street from me getting some landscaping. Those are Royal Palms in front, multi-trunk Adonidias in back, and in the upper right you can see some 'Gracillis' Bamboo that will be used for privacy/screening along the north side.

Property is right on the Intracoastal waterway.

IMG_5401.JPG

Reactions: CB4 and Toddrn

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
@Padreruf - took a quick peek this morning and saw a little beak pointing upwards, so at least one has hatched!

I didn't go further as I didn't want to create any disturbance.

I'm so happy for this to happen! :)

Reactions: Padreruf

Latest threads