Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Staying Through CFP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Kiffin's future...

I could care less if he "wouldn't have been retained"...he did a totally fantastic job and I thank him.
You sure spent a lot of time arguing that he was going to be here in 2017 (despite posters who are plugged into the program telling us otherwise) if you couldn't* care less.

*Assume you mean couldn't in your quote above.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

An albarn fan who says he is "in the know' guarantees me that Jalen Hurts is following CLK to FAU. I don't believe it but he actually wanted to bet on it. I don't believe a word from anyone that says they are 'in the know', unless it is CNS in person.

Haha, so let's see...

-starting QB at the most dominating football program in nation.

-or going to a school where probably the only televised games are when they play a power 5 school.

That is a hard choice....

huskylawyer

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2016
Seattle

First, as the Senior Admin said, Hurts isn't going to FAU LOL. That would be just crazy.

Here is a Pac-12's view of Kiffin (and to a lesser extent Sark). Also, keep in mind that us west coasters know Kiffin and Sark pretty well due to their time on the west coast, and also the fact they come from the Pete Carroll coaching tree. Us Husky fans always follow the young buck west coast coaches, e.g., Sark, Kiffin, Wilcox, Nuss (not so young now?), Mora, etc. It is a small coaching community out west, so it is easy to keep tabs on everyone.

Kiffin, Sark and Mora are cut from the same cloth. In Kiffin's and Mora's case, they are somewhat riding the coattailes of their daddies. We LOVED Kiffin at USC. We love Mora at UCLA (he's actually a Husky, but half the Husky fan base hates him and the other half thinks he's a bad coach). I give credit to Kiffin for what he's doing at Bama, but honestly, being the OC at Bama is like sitting in a Porsche 911 Turbo, and getting on a track where everyone else is driving a Honda Accord.

Kiffin is awesome for you guys because Saban can bring some toughness to Kiffin (and keep him in check, as we've seen). Frankly, Lane, Sark, Mora and co are west coast softies. Coaches like Saban and Don James will get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to win. I'm not sure Kiffin has that in his DNA. He was born into money and coaching (like Mora) and us Husky fans just don't see it.

I don't think Kiffin will be all that successful at FA. You have to grind down there and really work hard, and not sure Kiffin can do that. Again, all I can say is us Husky fans are really sad a Pac-12 didn't hire him.

Last edited by a moderator:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

First, as the Senior Admin said, Hurts isn't going to FAU LOL. That would be just crazy.

Here is a Pac-12's view of Kiffin (and to a lesser extent Sark). Also, keep in mind that us west coasters know Kiffin and Sark pretty well due to their time on the west coast, and also the fact they come from the Pete Carroll coaching tree. Us Husky fans always follow the young buck west coast coaches, e.g., Sark, Kiffin, Wilcox, Nuss (not so young now?), Mora, etc. It is a small coaching community out west, so it is easy to keep tabs on everyone.

Kiffin, Sark and Mora are cut from the same cloth. In Kiffin's and Mora's case, they are somewhat riding the coattailes of their daddies. We LOVED Kiffin at USC. We love Mora at UCLA (he's actually a Husky, but half the Husky fan base hates him and the other half thinks he's a bad coach). I give credit to Kiffin for what he's doing at Bama, but honestly, being the OC at Bama is like sitting in a Porsche 911 Turbo, and getting on a track where everyone else is driving a Honda Accord.

Kiffin is awesome for you guys because Saban can bring some toughness to Kiffin (and keep him in check, as we've seen). Frankly, Lane, Sark, Mora and co are west coast softies. Coaches like Saban and Don James will get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to win. I'm not sure Kiffin has that in his DNA. He was born into money and coaching (like Mora) and us Husky fans just don't see it.

I don't think Kiffin will be all that successful at FA. You have to grind down there and really work hard, and not sure Kiffin can do that. Again, all I can say is us Husky fans are really sad a Pac-12 didn't hire him.
I think this is probably the correct take honestly. I don't see Lane Kiffin as a program builder, at least not to the degree that it will take in Boca Raton. I think some jobs could work for him but he needs it already sitting at a certain capacity when he gets there.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

I thought FAU the least likely place for Kiffin. But it all works out excellently. He is no threat there (at least until his next move 2 years from now), in recruiting or anything else (and no, Hurts is not going to trade his starting job at Alabama for ANYTHING), Kiffin gets to coach the playoff, and, yes, Kiffin would like (and dont make me say it but he deserves) a ring for his trophy case. So I think with this endgame now more-or-less in the books, we can bring 3 years to a close, wish each other a good day, and move along.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

An albarn fan who says he is "in the know' guarantees me that Jalen Hurts is following CLK to FAU. I don't believe it but he actually wanted to bet on it. I don't believe a word from anyone that says they are 'in the know', unless it is CNS in person.
Take the bet and relieve that fan of their money. Use money to buy bama gear and let that fan how you spent the money they lost. Point and laugh at his fake humble brag of being "in the know."

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

You sure spent a lot of time arguing that he was going to be here in 2017 (despite posters who are plugged into the program telling us otherwise) if you couldn't* care less.

*Assume you mean couldn't in your quote above.
Sorry. I should have agreed with everything the experts said with no opinion whatsoever.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Kiffin's future... (Going to FAU, Reportedly Staying Through CFP)

Wow. This thread has taken a turn for the worse.
I agree. Actually, this entire thread has been rather nasty at points. It should probably be shut down, but that's just my opinion and not my call.

If someone wanted to bet me Jalen Hurts was going to FAU I'd take it. Kiffin would be breaking a major NCAA rule if he even mentioned the idea to him. Not to mention it is idiotic even if it is Jalen's idea. Same with any of our other players.

As for our outgoing quarterbacks, I really don't care. I don't see Barnett going because he is a west coast guy. Bateman or Cornwell would be more likely. Again, it won't effect us so it is fine with me if they go there.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Sorry. I should have agreed with everything the experts said with no opinion whatsoever.
I'm not suggesting that - I'm simply suggesting that those who are plugged in here probably have better info that whatever you pull from thin air in order to form your opinion.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I'm not suggesting that - I'm simply suggesting that those who are plugged in here probably have better info that whatever you pull from thin air in order to form your opinion.
I've only said that about ten times in this thread. I've said as honestly as possible that I have no inside info and no real basis for my opinion but that I just had a feeling that Kiffin will be back. I further said, "If I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my crow with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce".
Today, I posted that I "missed this one and that I was surprised".
I wrote that I thought we'd miss Kiffin because I do.
I wrote that I don't trust twitter feeds because I don't.
92% off them are off target.
But there was no animosity from my end. I was just discussing the subject, which I thought was the reason this site is in existence.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Someone mentioned the fired HC from Indiana as a potential OC to replace Kiffin. Possibility?
Man I hope not. Dude was ran off from Indiana for a reason and it wasn't because of the product he was putting on the field. I'd rather keep Kiffin than that dude because he has some serious allegations against him. He more than likely WON'T find a job.

Cecil Hurts
Is that Jalen's Uncle?:biggrin:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I think Kiffin will do really good at FAU myself, we all know he's an elite OC calling plays & coaching up QB's, we also know the man can flat out recruit with the best of the best & recruiting will be the key to his success with his last shot of being a HC on the college level..

I wish him the best & hope he does great things at FAU, everyone deserves a 2nd chance in life, if Kiffin tears it up on the recruiting trail in Florida..FAU will be a stepping stone to a bigger & more prestigious school..

As far as Hurts goes..I just can't see him leaving his spot at Bama for anything or anyplace place short of the NFL..

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I think Kiffin will do really good at FAU myself, we all know he's an elite OC calling plays & coaching up QB's, we also know the man can flat out recruit with the best of the best & recruiting will be the key to his success with his last shot of being a HC on the college level..

I wish him the best & hope he does great things at FAU, everyone deserves a 2nd chance in life, if Kiffin tears it up on the recruiting trail in Florida..FAU will be a stepping stone to a bigger & more prestigious school..

As far as Hurts goes..I just can't see him leaving his spot at Bama for anything or anyplace place short of the NFL..
Only bad thing is Florida has now become a MAD HOUSE in recruiting. With McElwain, Fisher, Frost (UCF), Richt, Butch Davi$, Strong and now Kiffin it will be running the gauntlet to recruit anyone in Florida. They might not have another recruit leave the state period:biggrin:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

The only thing I can say is that I am glad he will no longer be part of Bama after this season. CNS did Monte Kiffin a favor, do you actually think that CNS could not have found another OC to do what Kiffin has done. Thank god that CNS only allowed him to talk to the media 2 times a year.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Only bad thing is Florida has now become a MAD HOUSE in recruiting. With McElwain, Fisher, Frost (UCF), Richt, Butch Davi$, Strong and now Kiffin it will be running the gauntlet to recruit anyone in Florida. They might not have another recruit leave the state period:biggrin:
You make a great point my friend..It's a good thing Florida is the ultimate hotbed for college football recruiting supplying the State schools recruiting wise & it's a good thing we have Coach Saban as our HC, no matter who's hired at any of the Florida Universities..Coach Saban will still "Cherry Pick" any recruit he wants to join "The Process" at Alabama..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The only thing I can say is that I am glad he will no longer be part of Bama after this season. CNS did Monte Kiffin a favor, do you actually think that CNS could not have found another OC to do what Kiffin has done. Thank god that CNS only allowed him to talk to the media 2 times a year.
How did CNS do Monte a favor? If anything he did Sexton a favor

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Sounds like you'd have really loved the guy we had here before Saban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.