Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
These Bloomberg commercials perpetually trigger my ass. The newest one where it says that he has “never taken a penny in contributions from special interests”...

Dude, you ARE a special interest using less than half of the interest you draw on your wealth per month to bankroll your own agenda into a presidential campaign.

Can someone please tell me how to choke a commercial.
IMO, he is the best candidate running and there isn't a close second. How sad is that?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
For whatever it is worth, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders are the two best running by the metric of “polls well against Trump and actually has an electoral college path to winning.” Pete Buttigieg and Elizabeth Warren, I think, still poll admirably against Trump overall but their swing state polling that will decide the EC has always seemed much worse than Biden or Sanders.

Bloomberg‘s big problem is that almost every quadrant of the so-called political compass hates him for some reason or another. He doesn’t seem like a honestly bad guy. Centrists try to scare left-leaning voters into thinking Sanders would be a Mondale type candidate but I actually think Bloomberg would be that type of candidate in 2020. Right leaning people see him as a part of the liberal nanny state who will take away their coca colas and cigarettes. Left leaning people see him as a part of oligarchical class that will throw them to the wolves for billionaire special interests.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For whatever it is worth, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders are the two best running by the metric of “polls well against Trump and actually has an electoral college path to winning.” Pete Buttigieg and Elizabeth Warren, I think, still poll admirably against Trump overall but their swing state polling that will decide the EC has always seemed much worse than Biden or Sanders.

Bloomberg‘s big problem is that almost every quadrant of the so-called political compass hates him for some reason or another. He doesn’t seem like a honestly bad guy. Centrists try to scare left-leaning voters into thinking Sanders would be a Mondale type candidate but I actually think Bloomberg would be that type of candidate in 2020. Right leaning people see him as a part of the liberal nanny state who will take away their coca colas and cigarettes. Left leaning people see him as a part of oligarchical class that will throw them to the wolves for billionaire special interests.
Yeah, I didn't say he could win. But he would make a far better president than these other clowns.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
These Bloomberg commercials perpetually trigger my ass. The newest one where it says that he has “never taken a penny in contributions from special interests”...

Dude, you ARE a special interest using less than half of the interest you draw on your wealth per month to bankroll your own agenda into a presidential campaign.

Can someone please tell me how to choke a commercial.
I understand how you feel. Every time one of those "call this number to support Donald Trump and stop the illegal impeachment" (or whatever they say) commercials I have to mute the TV. Annoying on so many levels.

Reactions: UAH and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is concerning the best two viable candidates are incredibly old guys.
That is because America also has a group of people who vet candidates, and they are all very old. You cannot get elected today without their money.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I understand how you feel. Every time one of those "call this number to support Donald Trump and stop the illegal impeachment" (or whatever they say) commercials I have to mute the TV. Annoying on so many levels.
The funny thing, they won't even run Trump commercials in liberal states.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don’t watch a lot of broadcast television but I’m not sure ABC 33/40 would run a Bernie Sanders ad honestly. So it is likely mutual

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t watch a lot of broadcast television but I’m not sure ABC 33/40 would run a Bernie Sanders ad honestly. So it is likely mutual
I believe by law they are required to carry ads for federal office seekers. For state and local, they can refuse all ads for an office, but if they carry one person’s ads, they have to carry everyone.

Bloomberg has been running an ad a lot lately in Alabama. It is the one about the nurse in NYC talking about healthcare with a clip of Trump saying he is going to kill Obamacare.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Booker's campaign was really kinda odd. I'm surprised he dropped out after others fell by the wayside but I'm guessing he was running a lighter campaign than Harris who assumed she'd be a frontrunner and probably had a more significant burn rate on her cash horde.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Clinton says 'nobody likes' Sanders and won't commit to backing him if he's the Democratic nominee

I am generally pretty apathetic towards HIllary, But she really has it in for Sanders. You would think that it was Bernie who won the 2016 and she was the one who was "wronged". I thought that after he threw his support behind her and encouraged his supporters in 2016 to do the same, that maybe she would reciprocate. Hell hath no Fury...I guess.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-documentary/index.html

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Clinton says 'nobody likes' Sanders and won't commit to backing him if he's the Democratic nominee

I am generally pretty apathetic towards HIllary, But she really has it in for Sanders. You would think that it was Bernie who won the 2016 and she was the one who was "wronged". I thought that after he threw his support behind her and encouraged his supporters in 2016 to do the same, that maybe she would reciprocate. Hell hath no Fury...I guess.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-documentary/index.html
I find it odd that Hillary would say “nobody likes him.” She’s pretty disliked herself.

Reactions: B1GTide and Bazza
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.