2020 Prospect: 2020 Prospect DT McKinnley Jackson

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Despite saying he made his decision more than a year ago, Jackson kept it close to the vest. His last conversation with Alabama coaches was Tuesday afternoon.
“I told them I wasn’t sure if I’d be signing with them or not,” Jackson said.
Shortly after, he told his family to go get the Texas A&M shirts ready for the ceremony.
“It’s all gig ’em,” Jackson said. “I told coach Jimbo (Fisher) a week ago that I was going to Texas A&M. He said it felt like Christmas, but he couldn’t open the present yet...”
So the kid is a liar, typical.
Yep - he just admitted to the entire world that he is a liar, and proud of it. One has to wonder how poor their parentage is for that type of behavior to go unchallenged.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yep - he just admitted to the entire world that he is a liar, and proud of it. One has to wonder how poor their parentage is for that type of behavior to go unchallenged.
Yep and I am absolutely on board with completely filling our class in the December signing window and staying out of the foolish drama that NSD2 seems to have become. I think it would be a weeding out process to see which players are seriously committed to Bama or just using Bama as part of their "show". Let them all know, "If we extend an offer to you and you do not sign during the December signing window. There won't be an offer in the second one. Because our class will be full." And fill the class in December and be done.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yep and I am absolutely on board with completely filling our class in the December signing window and staying out of the foolish drama that NSD2 seems to have become. I think it would be a weeding out process to see which players are seriously committed to Bama or just using Bama as part of their "show". Let them all know, "If we extend an offer to you and you do not sign during the December signing window. There won't be an offer in the second one. Because our class will be full." And fill the class in December and be done.
After the first two years in this new system, I expect a few schools will go down this road. Some schools seem to actually be asking kids to play this game. Cut them off at the knees. Let the December date become the de facto NSD, and close the doors after that date. Would free up a lot of time to focus on the next year's recruits.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
After the first two years in this new system, I expect a few schools will go down this road. Some schools seem to actually be asking kids to play this game. Cut them off at the knees. Let the December date become the de facto NSD, and close the doors after that date. Would free up a lot of time to focus on the next year's recruits.
Yep. It frees up time to go ahead and begin working next year's recruits. It also sends a strong message from Coach Saban and the program. Give me a 3-4 star who is fully committed rather than chasing a 5* like a little school girl who more than likely will be a behavioral/attitude problem if you sign him.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

Despite saying he made his decision more than a year ago, Jackson kept it close to the vest. His last conversation with Alabama coaches was Tuesday afternoon.
“I told them I wasn’t sure if I’d be signing with them or not,” Jackson said.
Shortly after, he told his family to go get the Texas A&M shirts ready for the ceremony.
“It’s all gig ’em,” Jackson said. “I told coach Jimbo (Fisher) a week ago that I was going to Texas A&M. He said it felt like Christmas, but he couldn’t open the present yet...”
So the kid is a liar, typical.
He'll fit right in at A&M.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
It seems strange that former assistants have these type ‘secret commits ‘ . I remember Kirby trying to recruit Nick’s commits and keep it quite.

As far as ESP, they should do away with it. Nick brought up the affect it has on late bloomers. Most schools have formed up their big board before the kids play their final season of HS football. FEB is about perfect, because it allows the season to end, full evaluations plus all star games. I can’t help but believe Ennis Rakestraw would have been a solid 4 star and had many more opportunities if there were no early signing period. Could you imagine the NFL draft during bowl season?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
It seems strange that former assistants have these type ‘secret commits ‘ . I remember Kirby trying to recruit Nick’s commits and keep it quite.

As far as ESP, they should do away with it. Nick brought up the affect it has on late bloomers. Most schools have formed up their big board before the kids play their final season of HS football. FEB is about perfect, because it allows the season to end, full evaluations plus all star games. I can’t help but believe Ennis Rakestraw would have been a solid 4 star and had many more opportunities if there were no early signing period. Could you imagine the NFL draft during bowl season?
Kirby should have it done unto him before he can do unto others

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
It seemed the a lot of folks thought the Freddie Roach hire was a slam dunk on getting McKinnley due to his relationship with Mckiy....Obviously Roach had what everyone thought was a good relationship. More than any of us, don’t you know Roach felt like he was lied to and stabbed in the back...and I think it was Player, family and HS coach who knew he had no intention of signing with Alabama.

Someone close to Alabama football once told me there is a reason many schools sign many of their players late...and it’s because those players who sign late often are checking to see which school will give the best financial deal. Coincidence that Ole Miss and Miss State regularly sign players from Mississippi at the last moment that also have offers from Alabama? Cam Newton’s late sign with Auburn is another good example.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.