Early Vegas Odds

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
but I just remain unconvinced at this point that we are looking at a 1st round draft pick like many are hyping him up to be.
Oh, I never said anything about that - I'm just saying he's low-key good and I don't think he'll be a liability, but rather an asset. And year two under a new offensive-minded HC will likely show him to be quite good.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yeah Georgia has stockpiled talent. They would coast to 10-2. Any effort and they are 12-0 going into Atlanta.

I think we've got a much tougher road than Georgia, but then again, isn't that the case every season? And look at those Texas A&M odds. I thought Jimbo had assembled the Avengers and was poised to take over the world? I guess we'll see.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Oh, I never said anything about that - I'm just saying he's low-key good and I don't think he'll be a liability, but rather an asset. And year two under a new offensive-minded HC will likely show him to be quite good.
Oh okay. I’m not saying he isn’t good but I’m just saying that many are acting like Tennessee has Patrick Mahomes as a quarterback. Maybe they do, but I just remember a lot of 3 and outs and a lot of 1-3 play scores. I guess we will all know for sure this year.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Hmmm, trying to find some Georgia players on that Heisman list... been hearing them bark all off-season about their QB but I don't see him among those favorites - betting or otherwise.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Hmmm, trying to find some Georgia players on that Heisman list... been hearing them bark all off-season about their QB but I don't see him among those favorites - betting or otherwise.
stetson will be productive because of the offensive coordinator and the players around him. If a Georgia fan thinks that it is Stetson carrying the load then they are mistaken. Stetson should have a good year, but again it is because of the players around him

Last edited:

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
As a Georgia fan even I like the odds and may throw 50 dollars on it. Biggest problem is that 95% of the time it’s awarded to an offensive player
I agree on two things:
1) yes, you're a Georgia fan, LOL.
2) An offensive player will probably win. Will, in my opinion, is the best player in college football, and should be a serious contender.
Young has his Heisman. So, I think we will see a different QB in Young this season. He wants a Championship on his resume. With all the weapons he has on offense, my money would go on one of the WRs (still in waiting mode for who) or Gibbs. I'm anticipating big things from him this season out of the backfield, especially on the receiving end.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I agree on two things:
1) yes, you're a Georgia fan, LOL.
2) An offensive player will probably win. Will, in my opinion, is the best player in college football, and should be a serious contender.
Young has his Heisman. So, I think we will see a different QB in Young this season. He wants a Championship on his resume. With all the weapons he has on offense, my money would go on one of the WRs (still in waiting mode for who) or Gibbs. I'm anticipating big things from him this season out of the backfield, especially on the receiving end.
I agree with vegas that CJ stroud is the most likely winner (at this time at least) especially given that bryce won it last year

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I agree with vegas that CJ stroud is the most likely winner (at this time at least) especially given that bryce won it last year
That (among many things, such as it essentially being an award for offensive player of the year) is why I love it for the players, but the luster has worn off the Heisman - Bryce could have far and away the best year of any QB in the history of CFB he almost certainly won't win it again.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That (among many things, such as it essentially being an award for offensive player of the year) is why I love it for the players, but the luster has worn off the Heisman - Bryce could have far and away the best year of any QB in the history of CFB he almost certainly won't win it again.
Agree.
There will be some that won't vote for him just because he already won it. Especially if the voter is anywhere near Ohio. Bryce will finish 3rd.

Reactions: Con

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Josh Heupel's system is really good at exposing bad defenses. If you don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's it's hard to defend.

It tends to really struggle against defenses that can go, however.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Josh Heupel's system is really good at exposing bad defenses. If you don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's it's hard to defend.

It tends to really struggle against defenses that can go, however.
Not to mention they had one of the worst defense in the SEC last year.

Only playing on one side of the ball isn't going to win a lot of games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.