2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Thanking my buddy in the Sarasota area for finally getting my tape to look at!!...And I will say this. I have a new "Most ELITE" player in the 23 cycle.My goodness. Shows you the very inexact science that these recruiting evaluation sites are. There is a young Edge defender at Venice H.S. in Fla(8A-the largest classification in the state)who is,if there are some, a 5-Star ++ in reality. I cant get over what I just watched!!!....Heck I thought I was watching Dallas Turner/Will Anderson morphed into 1!!...Next level quickness,speed,and physicality,with most explosive get off you will EVER see from a High School kid in a 3 or 4-pt stance.And this kid wrestles,is an animal in the weight room,been extremely well-schooled,and is a legit 6'5 240 already.

He has a 2021 Hudl film up also if you want to check him out. I was told about him the season before last. His name is Damon Wilson,and if he isnt at the top of The Tide's recruiting board as an Edge player,Then Qua Russaw is lot more of a beast than I thought! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Wilson is a MUST GET.....

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
He looks great for sure. But Will Anderson level? I don't think so. He might get there, but go back and look at not only Anderson's speed in high school, but how he is able to blow through blocks. He's one the experts got right.
Looks like Russaw has more closing speed, is stronger, more agile and versatile than Wilson just based on the video. Not by a lot, but I think he could also play middle or move around, and Wilson looks strictly like an edge. Might explain where they are ranked.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Kirby/UGA offered him the day after Bama did (surprise surprise), and he committed to UGA yesterday, from what I read on another message board. Wish he would come to BAMA.
Hmmmm. I thought he was going to go to all of his OVs before deciding...:unsure:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Thanking my buddy in the Sarasota area for finally getting my tape to look at!!...And I will say this. I have a new "Most ELITE" player in the 23 cycle.My goodness. Shows you the very inexact science that these recruiting evaluation sites are. There is a young Edge defender at Venice H.S. in Fla(8A-the largest classification in the state)who is,if there are some, a 5-Star ++ in reality. I cant get over what I just watched!!!....Heck I thought I was watching Dallas Turner/Will Anderson morphed into 1!!...Next level quickness,speed,and physicality,with most explosive get off you will EVER see from a High School kid in a 3 or 4-pt stance.And this kid wrestles,is an animal in the weight room,been extremely well-schooled,and is a legit 6'5 240 already.

He has a 2021 Hudl film up also if you want to check him out. I was told about him the season before last. His name is Damon Wilson,and if he isnt at the top of The Tide's recruiting board as an Edge player,Then Qua Russaw is lot more of a beast than I thought! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Wilson is a MUST GET.....
Are we recruiting him yet...:unsure:

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Are we recruiting him yet...:unsure:
Without question :LOL: :LOL: He was in town this past weekend for his Official I do believe.And word has it(In which I dont believe) that he "Only"" has plans to visit Alabama.His tape knocked me off my feet. And Pierre is also a blur. And if you add Russaw(Who I also believe could easily play in the middle)and The Tide would sign all 3?..Look out. And as 1 poster said Russaw is a versatile kid and a heat-seeking missile. When I first looked at Qua a few months ago I thought he was a Obvious Sam in The Tide scheme. But I could also see him as a Jack,Mike,or Will LB...Wilson is a Jack LB. Written all over him.Pierre is a Sam also I believe.

These 3 kids are physical as heck too. And can run. And I was told by my buddy(Again I have a hard time believing it) that Damon Wilson is benching nearly 400 lbs...lol....Get Commitments from these 2 dudes to go along with Pierre. Add Anthony Hill and Justin Jefferson and call it a day at LB....Wishful?

Reactions: Con and NoNC4Tubs

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Without question :LOL: :LOL: He was in town this past weekend for his Official I do believe.And word has it(In which I dont believe) that he "Only"" has plans to visit Alabama.His tape knocked me off my feet. And Pierre is also a blur. And if you add Russaw(Who I also believe could easily play in the middle)and The Tide would sign all 3?..Look out. And as 1 poster said Russaw is a versatile kid and a heat-seeking missile. When I first looked at Qua a few months ago I thought he was a Obvious Sam in The Tide scheme. But I could also see him as a Jack,Mike,or Will LB...Wilson is a Jack LB. Written all over him.Pierre is a Sam also I believe.

These 3 kids are physical as heck too. And can run. And I was told by my buddy(Again I have a hard time believing it) that Damon Wilson is benching nearly 400 lbs...lol....Get Commitments from these 2 dudes to go along with Pierre. Add Anthony Hill and Justin Jefferson and call it a day at LB....Wishful?
Wishful? Yeah but who cares,I like it, i believe you but why has this guy not been on our radar for the last few months? Where is he leaning? Google is not sure.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Wishful? Yeah but who cares,I like it, i believe you but why has this guy not been on our radar for the last few months? Where is he leaning? Google is not sure.
Are you saying that he has NOT been on The Tide's radar?

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Are you saying that he has NOT been on The Tide's radar?
I don't know, you just discovered him, nobody has talked about him, which happens all the time, think about all the great players we have landed in the last 10 years who were not on our initial radar, so to speak. This guy may be another. Good call, Patton we shall see .

Last edited:

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I don't know, you just discovered him, nobody has talked about him, which happens all the time, think about all the great players we have landed in the last 10 years who were not on our initial radar, so to speak. This guy may be another. Good call, Patton we shall see .
I didnt just discover this young man. Not at all. I just didnt pay enough attention to him,in which I have been guilty of 100's of times...And that isnt good considering how good the kid is and the competition he has played. No excuse with the technology. But the kid did come on his Jr year. especially physically.Hell I have been too busy trying to figure out if we could flip Keeley from ND as a 5 and 7 technique kid...lol....But you are correct.We have landed a tremendous amount of players in a tremendous amount of ways. Some have been huge surprises. Some panned out. Some didnt. But always fans like me,and self-proclaimed "Geniuses" are left in the dust :LOL: :LOL: ....Same as my 43 yr "career" wagering. Lose all the time. Lack important knowledge somewhat less of the time. BUT...Not Most of the time....That is winning!!!...In my book...ROLL TIDE

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I see that Texas got crystal footballs from Wiltfong right after the Manning announcement. Cedric Baxter and Johntay Cook. Cook was the WR that said in a video that Texas didn’t have any football trophies, only swimming trophies and such.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
We're in good shape with Mitchell. Long way to go especially with high profile kids, but the staff is on him .
Russaw will be a battle but nothing we haven't seen before.
Smith is a must get. I've said it before with him and Woods. 2 top 10 DL in our backyard is a priority!
Rumblings on Woods to Clemson is a real possibility from the latest reports. Could be to hyped his announcement and such. We shall see . He's a life long Bama fan, says Bama is his dream school, visited Tuscaloosa numerous times and with his parents to boot. As I stated above post, he and Smith are a must get.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Rumblings on Woods to Clemson is a real possibility from the latest reports. Could be to hyped his announcement and such. We shall see . He's a life long Bama fan, says Bama is his dream school, visited Tuscaloosa numerous times and with his parents to boot. As I stated above post, he and Smith are a must get.
Visit your dream school but go somewhere else………… hmm…….hopefully Bama gets both of them.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Better offer?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.