Let the Madness begin - How Bama makes it to the playoffs…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Honestly I love the enthusiasm of us potentially getting in but I think our chances of getting in were dead once Arkansas choked away the game vs LSU. What real hope died when KSU beat KU. Because it would have been a better argument for us if it was Texas ending TCU’s perfect season instead of KSU.
Agree, yet I hold out hope as the general consensus among sports-writers (yeah, I know) is that the CFP is more interested in eyeballs than on 'who the best team is' - IIRC, Bama has played in about half of the most-watched games in CFB in 2022...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Agree, yet I hold out hope as the general consensus among sports-writers (yeah, I know) is that the CFP is more interested in eyeballs than on 'who the best team is' - IIRC, Bama has played in about half of the most-watched games in CFB in 2022...
That is true, and I’m pretty sure everyone on the committee is hoping TCU loses so they get a chance to have Ohio St in. I think Georgia, Michigan, USC, and Ohio St is the dream of dreams for them ratings wise. However if both USC and TCU were to lose… it’s either going to be “do what’s right” and penalize Alabama for 2 losses or do what’s profitable and a better sell for expansion and put Alabama in.

Personally I would say we don’t deserve it, but I wouldn’t oppose it either.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Interestingly enough.....KSU after that TCU loss went 4-1.

That one loss was to Texas 34-27. Will Howard played the remainder of the TCU game, played the next game vs Okie State.....Adrian Martinez came back in for the Texas game. Will Howard has played the remainder.

Dare I say the team plays better with Howard than with Martinez? I have no idea if that's right, it just looks that way from looking at the games.

Reactions: B1GTide

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
OSU will be at #5 in the next CFP rankings and I will be shocked if they are not. They lost convincingly, but, it was to the future #2 team in the CFP rankings. Let's be honest, LSU losing to A&M didn't help us because that drops LSU down in the rankings and they'll drop even further when they lose to Georgia.

We basically need both TCU and USC to lose to even have a shot.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I choose to be happy and believe that we will get in.
Before last weekend I told my friends that chaos would ensue. They thought I was insane.

I sincerely believe we are every bit as good as any team in the Top 8, and I hope we get in. Why? Because it'll be fun.

It makes me happy to sit back and enjoy the possibilities.

Peace to you all.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
OSU will be at #5 in the next CFP rankings and I will be shocked if they are not. They lost convincingly, but, it was to the future #2 team in the CFP rankings. Let's be honest, LSU losing to A&M didn't help us because that drops LSU down in the rankings and they'll drop even further when they lose to Georgia.

We basically need both TCU and USC to lose to even have a shot.
Agreed and they may have to lose badly. It's not realistic that we make it. Nor really should we

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Anything to keep UGA from back to back.
I'd watched TOSU a few times and wasn't that impressed but still figured they'd handle UM after last year's upset. Boy was I wrong.

UM manhandled TOSU even after a slow start and falling behind.

I'll say this (and may get blasted) but I don't think we'd enjoy watching a matchup of Pete Gol*ing's defense vs. UM power running game. They basically looked like 2012 Bama in "the game."

Probably the best, most competitive NC game right now would be Georgia vs. Michigan. Talk about a slobber knocker!

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
If we are 5 we have a very good shot to get in, if TCU loses we are in if we're 5 because they have not played anyone same as USC, if we are 6 both have to lose and then let the cry for 12 team playoff begin

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
What I'd like to see:

Purdue beats Michigan
K-State beats TCU
Utah beats USC

CFP after championship saturday:

1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Alabama
5. TCU
6. USC
Yeah I think Michigan and UGA are in regardless of the results Saturday. The “weak sisters” are TCU and USC and we need both to happen. And it would be best if those were convincing defeats of TCU and USC.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
What I'd like to see:

Purdue beats Michigan
K-State beats TCU
Utah beats USC

CFP after championship saturday:

1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Alabama
5. TCU
6. USC
That'd be fun indeed. But I give LSU a better chance of beating Georgia than Michigan losing to Purdue. Also, TCU kind of reminds me of a 92 Bama team...disrespected but winning ugly most of the year. I thought the Irish would take out USC. Utah will need to play out of their mind for that upset.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Also, TCU kind of reminds me of a 92 Bama team...disrespected but winning ugly most of the year. I thought the Irish would take out USC. Utah will need to play out of their mind for that upset.
That's a fair analogy and it's exactly what people thought about us facing Miami that year.

IF I thought TCU could pull off 2 wins in the CFP, I'd rather see them get in and win a NC than us get in (at the expense of them losing) and then for us to lose in the semis or NC game.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It is a two edge sword with Bama Football and the fatigue it has created. On the one hand, no one outside of our fan base wants us in which is completely understandable. But then again, how can anyone claim to be a champion in that tournament without beating the preeminent program in the sport for over a decade? I mean, I have only seen signs of "We want Bama," not uga or usc or tosu or tcu or michigan. If you want to be the best then you have to beat the best and that road goes through the Alabama Crimson Tide. They can dodge the issue but I submit that we belong in the playoff by default as the team to beat to be able to brag about being a champion.
Maybe I'm not totally off my rocker. Nah, I am.

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
In the regular season meeting between Utah and USC, Utah won, 43-42, even with Caleb Williams throwing for 381 yards and five touchdowns.
USC's defense is weak. They can definitely lose. Will they, or will the drive of being in the playoff be enough to overcome Utah?
TCU is a great story. I'm two hours away from them. A lot of good kids. But If they lose at all, they're out, IMO, compared to Ohio State in the committee's view. If we're number five, we MIGHT get in over a one-loss TCU, but Ohio State definitely will if TCU loses, even if it's 23-22.
Committee loves big brands (Michigan, Ohio State, us, Notre Dame, etc) and loves them some villians (us) that draw big ratings. That's one thing we have going for us: "everybody hates Alabama." They'll watch to see us (hopefully) lose. I'm actually thinking the ratings thing is a huge consideration in the committee debate room. If it's that, and especially if we're five after Tuesday night -- we've got a legit shot of getting in.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.