2023 Braves trades and acquisitions

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
He's apparently a big lifelong Braves fan and also a fan of Skip, Don, Joe, and Pete.

His Twitter has a long post of him detailing growing up a Braves fan in the early 90s and Game 5 of the '91 series was his 1st live sporting event at age 7.

Also here is some highlights of him calling National Games in 2022

He sounds very professional and nothing stands out in a negative way.

I'll miss Chip and this will be the 1st time in my life that a Caray won't be calling Braves games but I'll for sure give Brandon a chance.

Reactions: BamaFlum

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Chip was no where near as good as his father or grandfather. My biggest problem with Chip was he just never shuts up. The best broadcasters know when to hush and let a moment breath. Chip always had to get his voice in there but, honestly, this is a problem with many modern day commentators. Ole Dickie V being one of the worst at talking over amazing moments. You know, it's one thing to not want "dead air" on Radio but, we have the visuals with TV. We don't need the guy in the booth to slather his vocal cords over every second of the broadcast.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
He's apparently a big lifelong Braves fan and also a fan of Skip, Don, Joe, and Pete.

His Twitter has a long post of him detailing growing up a Braves fan in the early 90s and Game 5 of the '91 series was his 1st live sporting event at age 7.

I'll miss Chip and this will be the 1st time in my life that a Caray won't be calling Braves games but I'll for sure give Brandon a chance.

I didn't watch the whole clip but, he seems to talk a lot as well. Why do TV announcers treat it like radio and describe every single second? We can see it as well, we don't need that. Early in the clip, the Pete Alonso 100th HR, he started giving the record stat, "fastest to 100" while he was rounding the bases. Why not be quiet and let the moment simmer a little, you can give that stat after he touches home plate?

Like I said, I'm not a fan of modern day commentating, they just talk too dang much.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Yeah, well I've been around longer, but they didn't call me.

• Haha
Reactions: tusks_n_raider

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Well not alot of huge splashes in moves this off season. Maybe the Murphy trade will work out for us. Still not sure about SS but hopefully things will work out there. Can't wait for opening day tommorow. It kind of helps ease the pain of not having football for 8 months except for A day of course. Basketball helped some this year but unfortunately Softball and Baseball especially Softball seems to be headed in the wrong direction and it's discouraging to keep up with.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.