BREAKING 2025 4 Star WR Derrick Smith has De Committed from Alabama

some_al_fan

Scout Team
Jan 14, 2024
It actually looks like he is being recruited as a safety, but given a choice to decide between WR and safety
----
Even though Alabama’s coaches have told Smith that they see him playing safety, they want to let him choose his position. He plays both safety and receiver at the high school level and could project at either spot in Tuscaloosa.
----

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
It seems that auburn has been pushing very hard to flip Smith the last few weeks. they are selling him that he can play WR at the next level.
according to 247 staff, he will attend the Big Cat weekend at the end of the month.
they say they have talked to people close to him and they expressed Smith to auburn is picking up steam.
this is not the news we wanted to hear. I posted on the Ivan Taylor thread Bama would be fine at Safety since we have Smith. Freeze and the barn are going hard after all the top in-state Alabama kids.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It's got to be the money...🙄

There will be an Exodus at their wr position next year when they see that there is no QB to get the ball to them.😎

Last edited:
Reactions: Con and DocCrimson

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
It's got to be the money...🙄

There will be an Exodus at their wr position next year when they see that their is no QB to get the ball to them.😎
with the NIL era, money is usually the main factor.
looking at the auburn 2025 class, they do not have one WR committed thus far. I'm sure that is enticing for Smith. btw, last year's class, they had 4 WRs committed, all of them were in-state Alabama kids.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
with the NIL era, money is usually the main factor.
looking at the auburn 2025 class, they do not have one WR committed thus far. I'm sure that is enticing for Smith. btw, last year's class, they had 4 WRs committed, all of them were in-state Alabama kids.
Yeah, that's the group I am referring to...😎

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
It seems that auburn has been pushing very hard to flip Smith the last few weeks. they are selling him that he can play WR at the next level.
according to 247 staff, he will attend the Big Cat weekend at the end of the month.
they say they have talked to people close to him and they expressed Smith to auburn is picking up steam.
this is not the news we wanted to hear. I posted on the Ivan Taylor thread Bama would be fine at Safety since we have Smith. Freeze and the barn are going hard after all the top in-state Alabama kids.
I believe he plans to be at the bama cookout the following weekend. No reason to worry unless that doesn't happen.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I believe he plans to be at the bama cookout the following weekend. No reason to worry unless that doesn't happen.

Small correction The bama cookout is the next day on the 28th.

But I believe he will be at both, as a matter of fact basically anyone going to one is going to the other. Cunningham will be at both for instance. Just like Ryan Williams last year they just want to hang out and enjoy the events.

I'd still only read into it if someone does one and doesn't show up for the other.

Remember that auburn recruiting gurus think they will get everyone. Until they don't, then someone cheated.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads