Alabama to Host NCAA Tuscaloosa Regional from June 2-5

Diamond Tide

Baseball Moderator
Staff member
Jun 23, 2000
Tuscaloosa , AL USA
diamondtide.tidefans.com
The Crimson Tide will host three teams in Tuscaloosa for the first time since 2006

5/28/2023

TUSCALOOSA, AL – Alabama baseball will host an NCAA Regional at Sewell-Thomas Stadium from June 2-5.

The Crimson Tide will welcome three teams to Tuscaloosa. The opening round of NCAA Regionals will begin on Friday, June 2 and run through Monday, June 5. Each Regional is double-elimination with only one team advancing from each Regional site into NCAA Super Regional play.

Fans interested in attending the NCAA Tuscaloosa Regional can purchase all-session tickets for $60. All-session tickets include general admission and Right Field Terrace seating. Tickets will go on sale Tuesday, May 30 at 10 a.m. CT and can be purchased in-person at the Alabama Ticket Office windows located inside Coleman Coliseum or online by clicking here.

Alabama will be making its 26th all-time appearance in the NCAA Tournament and is a host-seed for the first time since 2006. The Crimson Tide holds a 71-51 (.582) overall record in the NCAA Tournament, including a 57-37 (.606) mark in Regionals. When in Tuscaloosa, the Tide holds a 9-2 (.818) mark in Regional play. Alabama has claimed seven Regional Championships in program history including titles in 1950, 1983, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2006, 2010.

Get all the latest information on the team by following @AlabamaBSB on Twitter and Instagram and on Facebook at Alabama Baseball. General athletic news can be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.

-UA-

RTR,

Diamond Tide

Reactions: dtgreg

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
As for us I'd like to be paired with LSU. I get similar vibes with Oregon State last year with Djerpe; one good ace in Skenes and not much behind him. I'd like our odds.
i kinda wish we would get paired with either Vandy, Stanford, or South Carolina. I don’t know if we make it out of our regional but if we did then we match up great with all 3.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Our regionals shouldn't be too hard to predict at least 2 of the teams. Troy and Samford both qualified.

Big question is where do they send UNC and Duke.
and USM. I think both Alabama and Auburn SHOULD make it out of their regionals if they avoid one of those #2s from hell.

Right now the final projection is for us to head to BR and Auburn to Fayetteville. If both were flipped then I would say both Alabama and Auburn have a great chance of both making it to Omaha.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
D1’s final projection

Baseball America’s

i prefer baseball America’s regional but the d1 super pairing

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Is this good or bad?
it’s hard to gauge the ACC. But we drew the #1 team in the country. We will know Saturday where we are vs the ACC because we probably have to face BC.

BC was on the bubble to host so it’s not going to be a half dead team. My hope is that Alabama run rules Nichols and Troy beats BC. Hopefully someone does us a solid and beats wake.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads